Got Parts?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by JHunter, Aug 11, 2008.

1. JHunter

JHunter Strat-Talk Member

Traded a guy today for some Strat stuff, he is a former music store owner/luthier from the 60's and has a collection of interesting items. I wanted a Strat body and neck which I got plus about 30lbs of misc stuff all from the 60's! The body has no identification of any kind, and has started to show some lacquer checking. So much for painting it Surf Green..... The neck is flawless and has an EBONY fretboard with jumbo frets, he is throwing in a custom fret finish, I know others have paid $150 for that service from him. There are several pickups, I cannot identify, several Tele parts, pickups, pick guards. etc. A load of different tuners, switches, knobs, tail pieces, Strat pickguards etc. Everything is there to make one Strat, complete. The other stuff......might end up on e-bay when I am done. See something you gotta have shoot me a note and we can deal. Plus any help Id'ng parts would be greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. bobthecanadian

bobthecanadian Strat-O-Master

It looks like you got yourself a nice pile of stuff there. I am sure that you are going to have a lot of fun with it.

3. tazzboy

tazzboy Strat-Talker

Are you sure you have enough?

4. AnArmyOfJuan

AnArmyOfJuan Strat-Talk Member

wow! nice score!

I could use a Tele ashtray if you don't need all of them... those DeArmond pups look pretty interesting, too...

5. Doug Ferguson

Doug Ferguson Strat-Talk Member

Now that's alright! Great score. I see some joy in the making....

6. JHunter

ArmyofJuan, I'll take some close ups today, now the Dearmond pups are the black ones, right? I am not sure. And yes, it is fun to paw thru all this stuff!

7. AnArmyOfJuan

the ones I'm assuming are DeArmond pups are (in the last two pics) the chrome and black rectangular single coils near the bottom, just to the left of the Tele pup.

I don't wish to come off as looking for cheap stuff in my first post on this forum. I could swear that I had posted before! :p

8. AnArmyOfJuan

I just noticed you have a Strat Ashtray, too! you never see those!

9. thaus

thaus Most Honored Senior Member

Wow!! Cool collection..........I do need a tele control plate, jack plate, neck plate, and knobs. Any of those things in your collection??

10. JHunter

Going out right now, as soon as I get a Tele pic and a Dearmand pic. I do have 2 Tele knobs, black with like a black pearl insert for the caps. I think there is a metal plate I don't recognize as a Strat part, maybe Tele. I'll post in 30 mins.

11. JHunter

Not as much as I thought on Tele parts, 11 pick guards, 2 ashtrays 3 bridge plates etc. Only found 1 knob and its plain. Photos show pics of all the pups, I have a lot of covers also, Dearmond is marked on the back of the 3 pickups, 2 are wired to vol and tone posts. I cannot verify the operation of any of this stuff yet, I will put a meter to the pups this week. You folks know more than I about the value of this stuff, so as I said before, see something you want make me an offer :)

Attached Files:

12. airwarrior

airwarrior New Member!

Cool stuff! You could probably build a really sweet strat with what you have there!

Off topic...

Are you a model builder? Looks like plans for a Skyraider you have there!

13. thaus

thaus Most Honored Senior Member

Looks like some TV Jones pups there or copies........they would be cool on a project!

14. AnArmyOfJuan

that second photo above is what I'm assuming are DeArmond pups.

15. too-many-strats

too-many-strats Strat-Talker

Do the creme colored Strat pickups get a reading on the ohm meter or are they DOA???? Also I need to know if any of the Tele pickups get a reading. Sent you a PM as soon as the pics came in & you never replied. My email is:

[email protected]

Give me a shout so we can help get you some of your money back to build your dream Strat.

16. JHunter

Yes, those pups say Dearmand on the back, 2 are wired to the harness, one is loose. The Strat pups, one says 10 ohms and the rest have no continuity. Sorry I missed your PM. I will go out tonight and test the tele's.