Got the GAS, as you guys call it and would’ve bought this today, but...

StratUp

Most Honored Senior Member
Sep 5, 2020
Altered States
With the P90 it only comes in TV Yellow. What i really want to do is a version of Neil Young's Old Black. The Trib comes a P90 already so I'd just need a mini hum for the bridge and a Bigsby. But reality set in. I really need to keep saving some cash. My AC unit is pretty old, its going to die one day. Better have some money ready

There's an Epi SG for about $400 with dual P90's in Pelham Blue. Not my choice of color, but some like it.

As for Ol' Black... that's a Firebird pickup in the bridge, not a mini. Different beast. It's where Neal gets that twang (along with his picking style).

CB91710

No GAS shortage here
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Feb 24, 2019
SoCal
A friend had one of those SG's with the vibrato back in the day. He could never keep that guitar in tune. I wonder if they ever improved that over the years.
Nope.
The ABR/Tune-o-matic was not designed for a vibrato.

Justin226

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 7, 2020
Brooklyn
Nope.
The ABR/Tune-o-matic was not designed for a vibrato.
I have actually been thinking about it all night and think I’m going to go with the SG traditional pro. I looked at it today. The laurel looks better than I expected. Only thing I didn’t like was that it didn’t have the rings around the pup covers, but that’s an easy fix. Honestly looks and feels like a thousand dollar guitar.

CB91710

No GAS shortage here
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Feb 24, 2019
SoCal
I have actually been thinking about it all night and think I’m going to go with the SG traditional pro. I looked at it today. The laurel looks better than I expected. Only thing I didn’t like was that it didn’t have the rings around the pup covers, but that’s an easy fix. Honestly looks and feels like a thousand dollar guitar.
Ya... Unless I simply wanted to add a '61 reissue to the (Gibson) collection, I would not go with a Vibrola SG.
I do like the half pickguard style, and have that design in my 2014 Epiphone.

Justin226

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 7, 2020
Brooklyn
Ya... Unless I simply wanted to add a '61 reissue to the (Gibson) collection, I would not go with a Vibrola SG.
I do like the half pickguard style, and have that design in my 2014 Epiphone.
I e been so annoyed with the used market that I just tonight said f it, let me spend less than I was willing to and get a brand new guitar. I decided to go with this instead of the Korean LP I was thinking of last week. I think this one just suits me better. Hope to enjoy the Alnico classics, but if I don’t, I can always upgrade with Duncan’s.