Got the Shot

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Seamus OReally, Mar 22, 2021.

1. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Most Honored Senior Member

Yeah we had the virus back in November, but we got the vaccine anyways. Our doc told us the immunity from having the virus would only last a few months. I've not heard any hard and fast number for the vaccine immunity period, but the flu vaccine only lasts a few months, so one would expect that of the covid vaccine.

I've also heard if one had the virus, then they only need a single vaccine dose. They still scheduled my 2nd shot, and I'll get it.

The more immunity I got to this the better.

nadzab, Wobbleboy and circles like this.
  2. Seamus OReally

Seamus OReally Mr. Serious Gold Supporting Member

The annual flu shot and the COVID-19 vaccine are radically different technologies. There's no reason to assume they will behave the same.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    Neil.C, rcole_sooner and vid1900 like this.
  3. vid1900

vid1900 Most Honored Senior Member

Pfizer - no reaction that I noticed.

My body is so full of strange bugs from all over the world, that it looked at the vaccine and said "eh, whatever"

circles likes this.
  4. CapCrunch

CapCrunch Strat-Talker

Glad you got the shot sir! Also glad to hear from so many of you getting the shots when available. I'm not eligible yet but will get it as soon as I can. Hope others do too.

5. PCollen

PCollen Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

I had my 1st Moderna shot a week ago, Tues 3/16. No after effects at all, no soreness, no pain. I hope they didn't give me a saline placebo...hahaha. Maybe its because I pre-medicated: a bottle of Guinness Extra and two "booster" shots of vodka.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    StratMike10 and Seamus OReally like this.
  6. Willmunny

Willmunny Senior Stratmaster Gold Supporting Member

My wife and have had moderns #1, sore arm and mild weakness for me.

Seamus OReally likes this.
  7. Sarnodude

Sarnodude Most Honored Senior Member

I got my second shingles vaccine...does that count?

8. Seamus OReally

My doc says I shouldn’t take that one... I’m immunocompromised, and at pretty good risk of getting sick from it.

9. mad axe man

mad axe man Senior Stratmaster

do i or don't i... can probably get astra zennica in 2 weeks...this is a tough one...will probably get it

10. joe_cpwe

joe_cpwe Senior Stratmaster

I understand your Dr. told you that, but as you said there really haven't been any good studies yet on how long immunity derived from having the virus or through vaccine lasts. Health care care professionals are being very conservative with recommendation (I have some in family) as they probably should, sort of a 'better safe than sorry' position.
    I figure I had it eleven weeks ago and it wasn't bad for me plus I got the extra antibody treatment so I'll take my time and be last in line for any sort of vaccine. As herd immunity kicks in it will be nice to see the numbers dropout. I'm in Wisconsin and the numbers are pretty low,,,,not anywhere near a health crisis which is excellent news IMO.
    I suspect there will be an annual treatment offered, I recently heard it could even be oral rather than a shot. We'll see.

rcole_sooner likes this.
  11. vlxerdon

vlxerdon Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

The wife and I both got our second Moderna shot on the fourth of this month. Slight sore arm for both of us with no other problems at all. Sounds like we were lucky.

12. Seamus OReally

2nd day after getting shot #1 of the Moderna stuff, and no ill effects, aside from hoping nobody punches me in the left arm.

13. StratUp

StratUp Senior Stratmaster

Got the Pfizer about 14 days ago. About 14 to go to my second shot. No worse than a little soreness in my arm. Nurse advised me repeatedly to exercise my arm. I did; it went well; I don't know if it helped but it didn't hurt (pun intended).

Looking forward to shot #2! Still wearing a mask though - vaccine just means you probably won't die if you get it but you can still get it and give it to others. Staying safe.

Mansonienne and PCollen like this.
  14. tanta07

tanta07 Senior Stratmaster

Just got my first one today. Moderna as well. No ill effects other than apparently I was bleeding like a stuck pig because I got 2 band aids. LOL

15. DancesWithWeasels

DancesWithWeasels Where there's a weasel there's a way Silver Member

I had Moderna #1 about 2 weeks ago. A little mild muscle soreness for 36 hours or so, no significant effects other than that.

16. Antstrat

Antstrat Most Honored Senior Member

Just was able to get an appt for the first shot this Thursday. It’s been a clusterfudge in my county trying to schedule it with the vaccine shortages.

Mansonienne and Namelyguitar like this.
  17. JDug

JDug Strat-O-Master Gold Supporting Member

A cluster f here in NJ... My father in law, who’s in his early 70’s, got the Moderna shots last month, my wife is going for her second shot this Wednesday. They said they were in and got the shot in no time, no wait, no line, and my fil said it was like a ghost town.

On the other hand, in another county, my co worker’s parents, who are in their late 80’s, didn’t even get called up yet to get a first shot. Its crazy.

Im classified as 1C, so I’ll probably be lucky if I get it by the summer time.