Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Gotoh Tuners HELP!

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by StratPlus97, Apr 20, 2017.

1. StratPlus97

StratPlus97 Strat-O-Master

Apr 7, 2016
    USA
    I have a 2013 9.5" Fender Strat neck with 10mm holes. I want to get a set of Gotoh Vintage tuners

I'm seeing different models.
    What's the best quality set from them that will fit my neck?

IMG_1526.JPG

2. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-a-holic Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 19, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    None - you will need conversion bushings for 10mm holes, all those split shaft vintage type tuners have 8.5mm shafts....

The tuners you currently have should be good enough though to not need to change @StratPlus97

What's the reason for wanting to?

Strat-Slinger likes this.

3. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Most Honored Senior Member

May 7, 2014
    UK

4. StratPlus97

Apr 7, 2016
    USA
    Change? I don't have any right now.
    I do understand that I will need the bushings for it to fit.

I'm really just asking about the different models

alainvey likes this.

5. Paul47

Paul47 Strat-Talker

Jan 5, 2009
    UK
    Check out a set of Tonepros Kluson TPKF6B-N tuners. They are nickel vintage stylee, but have 10mm bolt bushings and a 15:1 gear ratio.

6. mabley123

mabley123 Senior Stratmaster

Oct 21, 2010
    kentucky
    Fendereedo likes this.

7. StratPlus97

Apr 7, 2016
    USA
    It's a partscaster

Fendereedo likes this.

8. StratPlus97

Apr 7, 2016
    USA
    Fendereedo likes this.

9. StratPlus97

Apr 7, 2016
    USA

10. Skinny Nitro

Skinny Nitro Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 21, 2013
    Merseyside UK
    mabley123 likes this.

11. mabley123

mabley123 Senior Stratmaster

Oct 21, 2010
    kentucky
    The difference is in the internal construction

Kluson type machine heads are criticized for not having the same smooth performance, efficiency and durability that sealed gear tuners have. The SD510 series solves these problems by combining “Rock-solid”? technology and “C-A-R-D”, found on enclosed gears in the base plate of the gear allowing the post to perfectly align itself with the bushing which attaches the gear to the headstock. The SD510 series uses a torque balancer to ensure steady rotation of the tuner button giving high quality sound performance as well as great functionality. Through it is use of the ideal materials selected for each component part you also obtain a far superior sound

12. StratPlus97

Apr 7, 2016
    USA
    These were discontinued. Any reason?

13. Paul47

Paul47 Strat-Talker

Jan 5, 2009
    UK

14. Skinny Nitro

Skinny Nitro Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 21, 2013
    Merseyside UK
    Allegedly, WD Music stopped Tonepros using the Kluson name.
    Kluson is a registered trade mark owned in the US by WD Music. Another company owns the name in Europe.

Press Release
    TonePros/TonePros Kluson
    It is with great regret, that we must now announce the discontinuance of our popular “award winning” TPK/TonePros Kluson line of Tuner products. TonePros halted production of all TPK tuner products in November 2014, and the entire remaining supply of these products will now be channeled to our Authorized TPK/TonePros Distributors before May 10th 2015. Our “revolutionary” design concepts in sealed tuner engineering, including TonePros “Sonic Gasket Technology” made these tuners the choice of the world’s top artists and world’s best guitar manufacturers. Over the last decade, TonePros/TPK has supplied enough tuner sets to equip over 100,000 guitars for Gibson’s* USA factories. TonePros/TPK has also been a “Custom” supplier of tuners to elite guitar makers such as Tom Anderson*, Roger Sadowsky*, and James Trussart* to name just a few.

If you wish to upgrade your guitar, or in some cases return your guitar to “classic” or “stock”, you must act quickly to obtain one of these last remaining sets, by contract TonePros will NOT have any inventory or remaining stock after the May 10th date so we may be unable to help you… when these sets are gone, they are gone… and will not be available in the future.

Remember one important thing also, if it does not say “TonePros TPK” on the package or TPK on the tuner itself, then TonePros did not make it. Don’t be fooled by other products or accept substitutes, if you wish to obtain one of these last available TPK Tuner sets, please contact one of our authorized distributors listed below or contact your local professional music dealer:

With stock & inventory changing by the hour, we advise that you “Phone” (instead of email or clicking on Web items) one of the Distributors listed below to check on availability on specific models & colors: