Greetings

StWall

Strat-Talk Member
Sep 13, 2021
Canceled
Hello from the Florida Gulf Coast.

I came across the forum while looking for someone to appraise my '69 Strat. I literally pulled the guitar off my wall (after a 40-year retirement) to see if playing would help me rehabilitate some fingers that have not healed very quickly after being dislocated. I also found Reverb.com and Sweetwater.com. While browsing Sweetwater, I learned about "Home Studio Recording" and now I am hooked. In the past month, I have pulled my Alvarez Yairis (DY-85 and DY-76, both 1978) off the same wall and I am happily laying down tracks.

I certainly don't need a '69 Strat for home recording, but what the hell, it looks good in pictures.

StWall

Strat-Talk Member
Sep 13, 2021
Canceled
Wow. I look forward to the appraisal results.

Also, happy playing!

Gruhn Guitars will turn a straight-forward appraisal in 24 to 48 hours. I just received an appraisal on a 1934 National Duolian steel guitar I own. 12-year old me cost 65-year old me $2,000. It was appraised at $1,500 ($3,500 if I hadn't refinished it).

app.JPG

albala

Dr. Stratster
May 10, 2012
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Welcome StW.

I like your Strat but I love your Yairis

I have a couple myself. The oldest, a DY-62c I got for my 18th birthday (30 years ago).

Later I added a WY-1 12 string and just recently a GY-1.

StWall

Strat-Talk Member
Sep 13, 2021
Canceled
Welcome StW.

I like your Strat but I love your Yairis

I have a couple myself. The oldest, a DY-62c I got for my 18th birthday (30 years ago).

Later I added a WY-1 12 string and just recently a GY-1.

It's hard to not speak in superlatives when talking about vintage Yairis. I think my DY-85 is the best sounding and playing guitar I have ever laid my hands on.

mascudkoray9

Strat-Talk Member
Aug 4, 2021
istanbul
Hello from the Florida Gulf Coast.

I came across the forum while looking for someone to appraise my '69 Strat. I literally pulled the guitar off my wall (after a 40-year retirement) to see if playing would help me rehabilitate some fingers that have not healed very quickly after being dislocated. I also found Reverb.com and Sweetwater.com. While browsing Sweetwater, I learned about "Home Studio Recording" and now I am hooked. In the past month, I have pulled my Alvarez Yairis (DY-85 and DY-76, both 1978) off the same wall and I am happily laying down tracks.
mold removal Bloomfield michigan
I certainly don't need a '69 Strat for home recording, but what the hell, it looks good in pictures.
Welcome!!