Guitar cable - noise, price/performance

Discussion in 'Tech-Talk' started by Mikeylefty, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Mikeylefty

Mikeylefty Strat-Talker Silver Member

Yes, I've never had a problem until this particular cable. Used everything from coil cables in the 70s, to George L, and cheap monoprice over the years. Was just posting to note that I didn't expect trouble from this 35 dollar, made in USA cable. It's over a year old but I'm going to send it to spectraflex if they care to test it and see if a one-off problem. Not asking for a refund, just curious to know what's specifically wrong with it.

3bolt79 likes this.
  2. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Senior Stratmaster

Ive got a couple 18' ones Ive had for years. Never had an issue. I cant remember the brand. My others are Ernie Ball an a couple are the GC house lifetime return ones.
    Ive took one back precovid and another is wiggin now so I guess Ill keep swappin them .

3. henderman

henderman Dr. Stratster

if you have a simple rig and only need a few cables just buy what you need and baby them, they get tweaked from abuse... otherwise, learning to solder is a great idea for gear-head guitarists, it would cost me 2 or 3 times as much to buy non custom fit regular grade cables and have a silly mess...

i buy george l's, gls audio and evidence audio in bulk and get switchcraft, gls audio or neutric ends then custom size what i need. i do not use the expensive solderless ends.

4. s5tuart

s5tuart Perfecting time travel since 2525

5. StratUp

StratUp Senior Stratmaster

Another vote for Hosa. I have and they've stood up well.

Also like Whirlwind. But they're more money. They stood behind a bad connector under their lifetime warranty. No hassles although I did have to ship it to them.

6. Cali Dude

Cali Dude Senior Stratmaster

I still have a couple of "Evidence Audio" cables that have been great over the years.