Join Strat-Talk Today

guitar tuners like fender bass tuners?

Discussion in 'Tech-Talk' started by gcconspiracy, Feb 1, 2009.

1. gcconspiracy

gcconspiracy Strat-O-Master

Hey, just curious, do you guys know of any guitar tuners that have the hole to start the string? I mean the hole you stick the string tip into on the slotted tuners. Anyway, hopefully I'm making sense... if anyone knows what I'm talking about please let me know.

-gcc

2. gcconspiracy

okay, so I think kluson style tuners are what I'm looking for (correct me if I'm wrong!)... Does anybody have experience with these "Kluson" style tuners?

Wilkinson Fender-Style Nickel Tuners- Six for Strats and Teles.

also, does anyone know if these will be drop in replacements for the tuners on my 2008 Squier Deluxe Strat?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  3. GregP

GregP Strat-Talker

I have them on several guitars, they are called vintage tuners and I love them. I can restring any of my guitars with those tuners in no time.

...Greg

Dunno if they are a drop in replacement although I know some folks have installed that style on their Squiers, mine came with them.

4. gcconspiracy

Greg, do you know if they'll fit my '08 Squier Deluxe Strat?

5. GregP

GregP Strat-Talker

Sorry man, can't help with that one, all of the guitars I have them on came that way. Maybe shoot Jay at GFS an email and ask him, from what I understand he always replies promptly.

...Greg

6. gcconspiracy

cool, I think I will! I've had to contact him once before, and he replied in less than a day (and he was super-helpful!).

7. Sprocket

Sprocket Senior Stratmaster

They wont be a "drop in" replacement, they will require some drilling...and conversion bushings like these Vintage Tuner Conversion Bushings

I havent used the GFS products, but I did purchase a set from ACME and conversion bushings from StuMac for my HWY1 Tele...worked nicely.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.