Hairline cracks on bridge

Iluvwords

New Member!
May 20, 2022
California
Hello,

I had a question i wanted to run by you guys. I understand that it's not uncommon to have hairline cracks especially around the neck pocket, however I've never really seen one on the bridge I was wondering if this is normal or something that I should consider?

Thank you very much!

It's probably nothing and I'm just overthinking it but I thought I'd ask those much better suited than me

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220626-035808_Reverb.jpg
    Screenshot_20220626-035808_Reverb.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 47

PCollen

Senior Stratmaster
Silver Member
Feb 13, 2014
Florida
Hello,

I had a question i wanted to run by you guys. I understand that it's not uncommon to have hairline cracks especially around the neck pocket, however I've never really seen one on the bridge I was wondering if this is normal or something that I should consider?

Thank you very much!

It's probably nothing and I'm just overthinking it but I thought I'd ask those much better suited than me
That looks more like a scratch to me, than it does a crack in the finish.

Last edited:

Ronkirn

Most Honored Senior Member
May 26, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
that is a compression fracture where, when the bridge was installed, the mounting screws were tightened to the extent they pulled the bridge down and into the wood.. thus resulting in the fine cracks... other than being an eyesore, they are meaningless...

t

Will Lefeurve

Most Honored Senior Member
Mar 1, 2016
Angleterre et France
that is a compression fracture where, when the bridge was installed, the mounting screws were tightened to the extent they pulled the bridge down and into the wood.. thus resulting in the fine cracks... other than being an eyesore, they are meaningless...

t
What Ron said.. no doubt about it.. nowt to worry about..

PCollen

Senior Stratmaster
Silver Member
Feb 13, 2014
Florida
Hello,

Thank you very much!

Is this a hardtail bridge, or a decked tremolo bridge ? Can't tell from the photo posted .

Bowmap

Redacted
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 23, 2017
S-T
Welcome to the Forum. Sorry about the crack. Not a sleepless thing. You'll get more dings along the way. Such is the life of a played guitar. Wall flowers and case queens however are a different story.