Hand cream

Wrighty

Dr. Stratster
Mar 7, 2013
Harlow, Essex, UK
I tend to suffer from dry / cracked skin on my hands around this time of year. Tried lots of remedies and potions and have just seen a TV ad. for ‘America’s best selling hand cream, O’Keefe’s Working Hands’. Anyone use it and think it’s good, bad or indifferent? Any drawbacks for a guitarist?

tery

Dr. Stratster
Jul 31, 2014
Tennessee
I use O'Keefe's - It works.

images

T-Rey

Strat-O-Master
Sep 17, 2020
Georgia
If they crack and split, I always super glue them shut and use a good lotion. Seems to work well.

Boubou

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2009
Montreal
I use o'keefe,I like it, its "thicker" doesnt leave the hands as slippery as the Vaseline intensive care, though i have learned to use just a small amount of the vaseline and its better

StratUp

Most Honored Senior Member
Sep 5, 2020
Altered States
I lived in the Northeast. In the winter my hands and fingers would dry out so badly that they'd crack and literally bleed. Painful. It would take weeks for them to heel after I started treatment on them.

I could create the problem in any season if I was plastering/drywalling and/or painting and being in water or washing my hands many times in a day..

I tried a number of products, some prescription from doctors, over the years. I ended using in the one below and have for years now.

In years where I was smart enough to treat twice daily at the start of the cold & dry weather I would have no problems that year. In years where I neglected to do so the problem would return consistently like Freddy in "Nightmare on Elm Street".

Starting treatment with this would slowly cure the problem in two to three weeks. (apply as often as I could while they were in the bleeding/healing stage, then twice a day after).

Generic CVS brand: https://www.cvs.com/shop/cvs-health-healing-skin-therapy-lotion-5-5-oz-prodid-1015850

Houdi Elbow

Senior Stratmaster
Aug 9, 2021
UK, somewhere in the Midlands
O'Keefe's works. I worked in manufacturing and had to wear protective gloves all the time. My hands used to get dried and cracked between the fingers. Tried all sorts of creams, E45 etc. Only O'Keefe's worked.

Baelzebub

Dr. Stratster
Nov 1, 2019
State of Disbelief
I tend to suffer from dry / cracked skin on my hands around this time of year. Tried lots of remedies and potions and have just seen a TV ad. for ‘America’s best selling hand cream, O’Keefe’s Working Hands’. Anyone use it and think it’s good, bad or indifferent? Any drawbacks for a guitarist?

http://nocrack.com/

been using it for decades. almost pure lanolin.

Don't know O'Keefe's. Another option is cornhuskers oil.

Hal Nico

Senior Stratmaster
Apr 28, 2012
JAMOADR

No need for anything expensive. I've used this for years,

https://groceries.aldi.co.uk/en-GB/p-coco-loco-organic-coconut-oil-300ml/4088600183480

or if you want the fancy stuff,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114330316077?hash=item1a9e9e2d2d:g:IrcAAOSwfIpfIx9g

ukoldgit

Dr. Stratster
Feb 20, 2018
Wiltshire UK
It'll all end in tears:p
giphy.gif

PCollen

Senior Stratmaster
Silver Member
Feb 13, 2014
Florida

Udder Balm.....