Hand cream

Wrighty

Dr. Stratster
Mar 7, 2013
Harlow, Essex, UK
I lived in the Northeast. In the winter my hands and fingers would dry out so badly that they'd crack and literally bleed. Painful. It would take weeks for them to heel after I started treatment on them.

I could create the problem in any season if I was plastering/drywalling and/or painting and being in water or washing my hands many times in a day..

I tried a number of products, some prescription from doctors, over the years. I ended using in the one below and have for years now.

In years where I was smart enough to treat twice daily at the start of the cold & dry weather I would have no problems that year. In years where I neglected to do so the problem would return consistently like Freddy in "Nightmare on Elm Street".

Starting treatment with this would slowly cure the problem in two to three weeks. (apply as often as I could while they were in the bleeding/healing stage, then twice a day after).

Generic CVS brand: https://www.cvs.com/shop/cvs-health-healing-skin-therapy-lotion-5-5-oz-prodid-1015850

I feel for you, my problem isn’t nearly as bad as yours. I do accept that it gets worse when I don’t do the right things. Used various potions but was just wondering if this O’Keefe was better. I need to buy something now so I think I’ll track some down. I’ll try to be good and use it regularly.

Wrighty

Dr. Stratster
Mar 7, 2013
Harlow, Essex, UK
It'll all end in tears:p
giphy.gif

Funny! Tenuous link to hand cream but who cares!

Wrighty

Dr. Stratster
Mar 7, 2013
Harlow, Essex, UK
this is why humidification is not just for guitars. If your skin is dry and cracking, your domicile is too damn dry.

that said, I've used Udder Balm with great success. So far this season, I have not had to use it. I started using the humidifier early in Nov, keep it full all the time and *knock on wood* haven't had dry, cracked hands yet.

Houses in the UK are really not dry. No air con and a damp atmosphere. Getting rid of moisture is a problem sometimes.

Wrighty

Dr. Stratster
Mar 7, 2013
Harlow, Essex, UK
This place is brilliant. I don’t pretend I’m suffering as badly as some here are, but I so appreciate all of your thoughts and advice. Thanks, as always guys

Guitarchaeologist

Master Spuddler
Silver Member
Dec 17, 2016
Behind the 8 ball
I used to use Zim's Crack Creme. An unfortunate name, but it worked well.
Dry cracking hands aren't really a problem for me now that I'm living on the warm Turkish coast.

5dae70b6-e408-47df-b277-7d4b227fc7c2_1.bfc327db2de2d4817b72fdeea5de5e48.jpeg

Thrup'ny Bit

Grand Master Curmudgeon
May 21, 2010
Yorkshire
E45. Cheap and cheerful, no additives or perfume and recommended by the quack.

As for drinking water, have you any idea what fish do in it? Yeeech...