1. Enter to Win one of two Strats we are giving away! An American Pro II Strat HSS and a Squier Classic Vibe Strat. To see the prizes and rules: https://www.strat-talk.com/pages/2020_Fundraiser_giveaway/ To enter: https://www.strat-talk.com/account/upgrades To enter, simply upgrade to silver (1 entry), gold (2 entries), platinum (5 entries), or double platinum supporting membership (10 entries). November 5th is the last day to enter!

Has Anyone Played the Fender American Showcase Strat?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Lewbypls, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Lewbypls

Lewbypls Strat-Talker

Has Anyone Played the Fender American Showcase Strat? I remember this model getting plastered all over Guitar Center website. I think it came out around the same time as the Ultra models. Here is the link:
    https://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender/American-Showcase-Stratocaster-Rosewood-Fingerboard-Electric-Guitar.gc?rNtt=fender showcase&index=1

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender...1500000315682.gc?rNtt=fender showcase&index=2

They also have a telecaster model as well. I can't seem to find any videos on them.

PSPS1 and diogoguitar like this.
  2. PSPS1

PSPS1 New Member!

Yes, bought it! My favorite Strat right now. Two thumbs up for me.
    So this is my brief take on the guitar and where I think it shines.
    So quality wise it seems like American Professional quality in body and electronics. The neck and fretwork is more Ultra in finish quality. They don’t share the same specs. Just examining edges, fret edges, consistency, tuners, etc.
    So the reasons I love this guitar:
    -12 radius fretboard (used to Gibson so wow just seamless transition and great bends)
    -medium jumbo very well finished frets
    -bent steel saddles instead of the blocks keep the jangle
    -the pickups sound or are voiced very open and frankly seem like VMMods BUT they get a bit more response from the amp (Friedman and Marshalls) . It is a higher output pickup. The point of break up is sooner than my professional without changing the voice and great openness of the VMod. The openness is still there. If you ever wished you had a pure clean boost on your Professional or tinker with pickup height to mimic just a little easier breakup or output without wanting other just plain mid heavy honky pickups, then you’ll love this guitar. It’s like a hybrid of the Ultra, and the Professional. If you own a “modern” Les Paul, it is that count our of the neck. Easy to move fast but no baseball bat. It is slightly thinner than the deep C of the Professional and comes close to the fast feeling and accessibility of the Ultra. The push pull pot is like the Ultra.
    So slightly punchier but very open still, not quite as flat as the Ultra neck but Gibsonesque, finish quality almost as perfect as the Ultra. Open and ‘sweet’ but with a bit more grit than the Professional. Incredible through a Marshall. I play Blues/Rock. Love the Pearl headstock with locking tuners as well. Some don’t like painted headstock but I think it looks great on this guitar!
    Hope my input helps! Have a great day!

diogoguitar and Lewbypls like this.
  3. Lewbypls

Lewbypls Strat-Talker

I am more shocked more ppl having given it a shot to be honest. It looks like a good strat. I haven't played one since the GC by me dont have them. But I love painted headstocks lol

4. GitGeek

GitGeek Strat-Talk Member Gold Supporting Member

I can't do a painted headstock, it's not for me, but the hardware and setup the way you describe it sounds like a yummy Strat. That's a great color combo too.