Join Strat-Talk Today

Has anyone used Kent Armstrong texas vintage pickups

Discussion in 'Pickup Forum' started by stratkiwi, Feb 1, 2020.

1. stratkiwi

stratkiwi Strat-Talker

While looking for parts for my new Pick guard the NZ based online store I came across that had the wire I wanted (push back cloth wire) stocks these. While I like what I am hearing on you tube it would be cool to hear from members here that may have given them a try are they any good or should I just stick to my original plan of using SSL-1's and a lil 59. Reason I am asking about these pickups is I am actually leaning towards buying a straight out single coil set and using a blender pot to get the humbucker sounds which was suggested by @jvin248 and after googling and watching you tube videos to get an understanding of it I am starting to really like the idea of that Dan Armstrong blender mod and forgetting about having a single coil sized humbucker in the bridge.

Also my apologies to @Guitarmageddon and @Stephen James and the rest of the forum members for the way I reacted to them the other week it wasn't called for and I deserved to be blocked by those who did and I will leave that topic alone now.

Stephen James and CFFF like this.
  2. pazman6

pazman6 Senior Stratmaster

My D'Angelico Excel Ss has the vintage 57 humbuckers in it. Sound good to me.

stratkiwi likes this.
  3. stratkiwi

stratkiwi Strat-Talker

Thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.