Have a nice evening and greetings from Finland!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by naigredai, Jun 3, 2020.

1. naigredai

naigredai New Member!

Yesterday was my birthday so i had a few drinks and listened to some good music. After a while a sat down at the computer and remembered this forum, then i decided to register here.

I've been playing guitar for about ten years. Started with an acoustic. After playing for a while my ex-neighbor gave me a strat-style Harley Benton (Thomann's own brand) guitar for free. It was the worst guitar on the planet! About 100€ as new, didn't keep tune, broke strings, the output jack always got loose... I sold it a few years later to some random guitar repairer/collector for 25€ :D

In 2012, after playing mainly acoustic for two years i got my current Stratocaster. My grandparents bought it for me. It's a Squier Classic Vibe Stratocaster '60s - 3-Color Sunburst. It is well made for being made in China. I've been playing it every day since i got it. It was my main - and only guitar for several years.

1,5 years ago i found an acoustic Landola guitar in our basement. It is made in Pietarsaari, Finland, and is an old school guitar but a pretty nice thing anyway. The original nut was broken so I made a new one from a cable with cuts. I should just buy a new nut, i guess Landola sells spare parts for old models. I believe my uncle's wife bought it back in the days and then my mom got it but never used it. It's been my cottage guitar so that i always have a guitar available.

A few months ago, in March 2020, when the lockdown started, i thought it would be nice to own a Telecaster. So i bought one, a Squier Affinity, in butterscotch blonde, 185€, new. Its a nice guitar for the money. It sounds good, twangy, and has the real rock sound.

I actually also have a Affinity P-Bass but i play it only sometimes.

For a while i thought i like the Tele more than the Strat. But after having both for a while I started playing the Strat more and more. I like both - but now I know i am more of a Strat guy. My Stratocaster has a special place in my heart.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Malurkey

Malurkey Senior Stratmaster

Welcome! :thumb:

3. Stratbats

Stratbats Senior Stratmaster

Howdy and welcome!

4. roaddoggie

roaddoggie Strat-Talk Member

Strats are where its at Bro Keep at it welcome to the Forums....there is a wealth of knowledge here that should serve you well

mad axe man likes this.
  5. naigredai

naigredai New Member!

Thanks!

Forgot to mention: my Strat has a special feature: it has only two working pickups. The middle pickup hasn't worked in ages but I've been too lazy to do anything about it. Maybe there is just some bad soldering.

6. Martin Mim

Martin Mim Senior Stratmaster

Welcome! Greetings from the land of tequila.

7. Agtronic

Agtronic Senior Stratmaster

Welcome and hello from Canada. My name is Markku, and my dad is from Helsinki. :)

Nice little collection there! Right now you say the Stratocaster is your favorite, but I’m willing to bet that will change back and forth forever. Some days I play my Les Paul and I’m like “Jesus this thing sounds so amazing!!!” Then the following week I’m craving the Strat tone. I believe every guitar brings out a different guitarist in us, and that’s a great thing. Either way, enjoy!

8. tery

tery Dr. Stratster

Welcome to Strat-Talk :)

9. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985

Welcome:)

Nice guitars.

10. eclecticsynergy

eclecticsynergy Senior Stratmaster

Welcome to the forum. And happy birthday!

11. StratmanNick

StratmanNick Senior Stratmaster

Welcome to ST