Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters

thomquietwolf

Dr. Stratster
Gold Supporting Member
Silver Member
Dec 2, 2010
Peardale CA
They say I might have gone off the deep end. And only because I have a separate guitar strap for each of my guitars. The kicker is I have the same strap in three different colors because they have to not clash with the finish of the guitar. Also this is a perfect pretext to post one of my favorite Floyd tunes.

I've a couple to spare...
Not in good condition...
Not too good smelling...
But
You're welcome

Guy Incognito

Senior Stratmaster
May 14, 2019
Here and now
They say I might have gone off the deep end. And only because I have a separate guitar strap for each of my guitars. The kicker is I have the same strap in three different colors because they have to not clash with the finish of the guitar. Also this is a perfect pretext to post one of my favorite Floyd tunes.

I voted Nucking Futs despite me doing pretty much the same.

I don't have one for every guitar because I'm a guitar addict not a strap addict. Current guitar to strap ratio is 38-40 to 8-10.

I certainly have enough straps for every guitar I intend to use at any given time. I have never understood why anyone would want the same exact strap for multiple guitars. I mean multiple of the same strap for each guitar I sort of get but not moving the same one from guitar to guitar.

To me that's crazy.

jjaaam

Strat-Talker
Dec 2, 2021
Michigan
I have never looked at straps as fashion accessories, LOL - they’re a functional item. That being said, each of my guitars has the same cheap-ass Levy black polyester strap, and each has a set of Dunlop Straploks on them.

Except for the strap I have for my Taylor - no Straploks there.

CB91710

No GAS shortage here
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Feb 24, 2019
SoCal

Honestly? I probably have more straps than I do guitars.
I've always had one for every guitar, but have changed them up a bit, whether I wanted a different look, more padding, or just one that I couldn't stand, like those "seatbelt" straps that don't grip your shoulder.

And sometimes they have to be kinda dedicated, at least to a particular set of guitars. The same Straplocks will work with a Les Paul and Strat, but not with an SG or 335.

Wrighty

Dr. Stratster
Mar 7, 2013
Harlow, Essex, UK
I have never looked at straps as fashion accessories, LOL - they’re a functional item. That being said, each of my guitars has the same cheap-ass Levy black polyester strap, and each has a set of Dunlop Straploks on them.

Except for the strap I have for my Taylor - no Straploks there.
I’ve got strap locks on my acoustics too. Thought I’d invented a device to allow them to work with a combined Jack socket / strap button but I might not have. Since seen them for sale on line.

telepraise

Strat-O-Master
Feb 20, 2019
Tampa Bay
I also keep a strap on each of my guitars, electric and acoustic, because I always play standing up. Like PCollen, mine are all black. I've found the D'Addario black satin strap to be very comfortable.

Baelzebub

Dr. Stratster
Nov 1, 2019
State of Disbelief
I have a few straps that are assigned to different guitars for one reason or another, another couple spares that I use when I get guitar until I get around to putting strap lock buttons on it. And then 3 or 4 nice padded straps that with Schaller type strap locks.

I'm a klutz. So as much as I don't like not being able to just grab and go, long term I'm better off lockin' em up.

I did buy several cheap Gitaria wireless sets. They cut the clutter but you have to pair them and unless you're using the same setup, or straight into an amp all the time you have to figure where they're going in the chain, so just plugging a cord in is easier.

I use them mostly to split the guitar and rhythm sections on the Trio+ so I can run the rhythm through an acoustic amp. I've used up to 3 sets at a time and they work fine without interfering with each other.

Ebidis

Providing the world with flat bends since 1985
Nov 14, 2013
Alabama
I have a soft black leather strap that I've been using on all my guitars for something like 35 years.

I have a bunch of other straps that I have acquired over time, but I always just end up using my old strap, because it fits better than any other.

stratosurf

Strat-O-Master
Nov 28, 2018
Surf City, NY
I thought it was normal. I have one for just about every guitar. I also use those round strap block things on some of my guitars, and some are really tight, requiring you to remove the strap button thing to get it on. If you think I'm going to unscrew the strap buttons on my guitars every time I want to put on a strap, you have lost all your marbles! 😝