Join Strat-Talk Today

Have you ever Liked a Strat So Much that you bought the EXACT same Strat again "Just Incase" ???

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by KeyzNFretz, Jan 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Stratkins 51

Stratkins 51 Strat-Talker

I have exactly the same CS strat as Rockape(but left handed).I certainly would not complain if somebody offered to buy me another one.Ha!

2. Decal Jungle

Decal Jungle Commercial Suspension

Yep, happens all the time;)

Mansonienne likes this.
  3. Jason D

Jason D Senior Stratmaster

My favorite strat is the Special MIM from the mid 90s. I bought my main one in 96 in vintage blonde and black pickguard with rosewood neck that I swapped out for a maple. When I was gigging a lot I found the exact same guitar only with maple neck and bought it immediately. I actually set up my eBay account specifically to buy THAT guitar. The one on the right is the backup. I scored too; I got it for $300 including shipping and it was more minty than the original when I got it new. image.jpeg

Nate D likes this.
  4. Antigua

Antigua Senior Stratmaster

I have some guitars that I knew would be collectible some day, especially in mint or NOS form, so I bought two, one to trash and one to keep locked away. I enjoy both guitars for different reasons: one because it can be played, can be damaged, and the other because it isn't damaged, and won't be. I've also bought a "nearly perfect" version of a guitar off ebay, only to have a perfect or NOS show up some time later, so the near-perfect version becomes a player, and the one in better shape is preserved.

ocean likes this.
  5. mechanic

mechanic Strat-Talker

6. evillouie

evillouie Strat-Talker

Yes, an oly white '72 strat with rosewood. Later I bought a 1984 SQ Squier, oly white with rosewood, and much later I bought a classic series 70's MIM, oly white with rosewood. That's how much I love those guitars.

On my wish list I have a classic series 70's MIM, black with white plastics and a maple board. With this one, maybe I'll finally break the cycle!! ;)

Nate D likes this.
  7. nigelr

nigelr Senior Stratmaster

Any guitar that I gig with always has a mate - it might be a different colour but the model will be the same or as close as I can find, and they will be setup as close as possible. I don't like adjusting between guitars if I can avoid it.

8. Stratoman10

Stratoman10 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

I'd like to see that neck in another 20 years. Although in 20 years I may not know what it is. Mine is a 2000 and it's aging gracefully. I imagine yours will too but with the coloration it should be interesting

9. Nate D

Nate D Most Honored Senior Member

No, but it took three strats to find one to play in order to stop wearing out my #1. It still gets played, but there are some others in the rotation. On the third set of frets and the neck is starting to get a little thin :(

10. Nate D

Nate D Most Honored Senior Member

I actually don't mind changing between guitars. It makes me approach things differently and is more fun for mento play like that. I used to get upset if I had to change almost anything midstream.

I should note that the only guitar I've got multiples of are -335's (2) and Strats (4)

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  11. Lonn

Lonn Mod Admin Staff Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Admin Post
    I just sold an MIM Strat and an amp to Sam Ash last week to give my wife a little extra $$$ for their trip to Bulgaria. I'd love to buy it back in a few weeks even though I'd probably have to pay twice what they gave me for it.

Mansonienne likes this.
  12. artgtr

artgtr Artgtr Strat-Talk Supporter

Well here 2 of my 1991 Ultra's, I have a 3rd but that's a CS Set neck , also have a1991 Strat Plus Deluxe. ImageUploadedByStrat-Talk forum1464718514.010053.jpg ImageUploadedByStrat-Talk forum1464718557.982632.jpg

Sorry about all the background junk, a few didn't make it in, not enough room, next I would have to take the them outside.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.