Heading out for Dead and Co.

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by T-Rey, Oct 10, 2021.

1. T-Rey

T-Rey Strat-O-Master

Heading up to Charlotte tomorrow for Dead and Co. I've seen them every tour and they just keep getting better and better! Heading to Atlanta for the Tuesday show as well. Can't wait! Anyone else seen them or going to see them this tour?

StratSounds likes this.
  2. Mind Flayer

Mind Flayer Strat-O-Master

Saw them a few years ago, maybe 2017 or 2018? They were awesome. And I saw Bill Walton in the crowd as a bonus!

I actually thought that show was much better than the only Dead show I saw with Jerry (which was his last show). I’m not a fan of Mayer’s solo pop work but he is awesome with Dead & Co.

T-Rey likes this.
  3. 2010cb

2010cb Strat-Talker Silver Member

I had tickets for Bethel, NY but then my buddy ended up with a virus (not the dreaded one) and we bailed. I was bummed.

Have a great time!

T-Rey likes this.
  4. FireFunkRevival

FireFunkRevival Strat-O-Master

Tried to upload a video however I did see them on August 28th and I worked the drink stand for it in the back. Saw an hour long plus practice session with mayer and weir discussing various designs of the night. They played like a personal show for about 15 of us while no one was there. Can't take pics but I did manage to record videos of them discussing althea and who would sing what verses and where they would take the song. It was crazy however I'm officially out of the dead following anymore these days. Too much wasted time.

Attached Files:

T-Rey and 3bolt79 like this.
  5. FireFunkRevival

FireFunkRevival Strat-O-Master

Thats their tour busses I parked next to.

T-Rey and 3bolt79 like this.
  6. T-Rey

T-Rey Strat-O-Master

I met Bob Weir's tour bus driver a couple of years ago at a local dive bar in my hometown. I want to say his name was Hugh but I could be wrong. I thought he was bs'ng me but he showed me lots of pictures. @FireFunkRevival

We saw Bill Walton in Colorado one year. Hard to miss him! @Mind Flayer

Hate you missed it! @2010cb We were almost certain that this tour would be cancelled. Thankfully not!

2010cb and FireFunkRevival like this.