Headphones for Jamming

GhostJam47

Strat-O-Master
Apr 21, 2021
Seattle
Looking at getting a new paid of over-air headphones.

Will be mainly for my guitar set-up, which is normally via the headphone jack on my focusrite (line out from the Quilter, as well as backing tracks from the laptop).

Will be replacing my Bose QC25, which have gotten alot of use and abuse over the years (travel, toddler, etc.).

Obvious targets are the Senheiser 600 series and the ATH-M50xBT.

Leaning away from the Senheiser's due to sound bleed (will get a lot of "quiet-time" use in a relatively small apartment). I understand the closed-back will trap some low-end, but I'm willing to live with that.

I want something that will sound good with guitar as #1 priority. I do some amateur recording for fun, nothing serious. Not worried too much about how something I record is going to sound on everyone else's equipment, so 100% flat response is non-essential, but don't want it overly colored either.

The questions I have:

-What are the other best option in the ATH-M50xBT (closed style, pref with Bluetooth option)? I'd go maybe as high as $400.
-Is something like the ATH-M50xBT going to sound much better for this purpose than something like the Bose NC 700 or the Sony 1000XM4? Is it just the EQ that is the issue or there are other things that make them more "studio" than "listening"?