Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Heavy Metal Memories...

Discussion in 'MyMusic Forum' started by mshivy, Oct 2, 2015.

1. mshivy

mshivy Most Honored Senior Member

Ok, so this will be a thread where anyone can post any of your own heavy metal/hard rock wail-outs ( or even just distorted/fuzzed out craziness.)
    I love the blues too, but I think we need a little fun Metal thread to keep us feeling young.
    Here I am trying to show off by doing a 3rd rate Yngwie Malmsteen rip-off (forgive the bad sound- it's a MIM strat thru a $99.00 Peavey.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1fXKSVXt1U

Tomas83, Jigglebone, Anderonn and 7 others like this.

2. Mouse

Mouse The Knees of Rock Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 25, 2012
    New Jersey
    3rd rate my ass. You've got some incredible technique my friend. Great stuff!

Yeah, I just might follow that! :D

/thread

3. StratMike10

StratMike10 Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 8, 2010
    Florida
    Holy smoking flash mshivy, that was crazy. I would feel as awkward posting on this thread as I would feel slinging a guitar next to Yngwie on a stage, you're a bolt of lightning brother. Amazing...

4. mshivy

This is a little " Spinal Tap"

So Mouse and StratMike are the only guys who like some metal??? What??

Ok, this is me goofin' around on a Dave Murray Strat, it's like 20 seconds.
    Hope you find it funny-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCaTRn3AGwo

Electgumbo likes this.

5. Robins

Robins Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 22, 2010
    Germany
    No way!

\m/ \m/ -> too much Metal for one hand
    sam_in_cali is still sleeping I guess xD

Keep the metal burning,
    Robin

6. quiggy2512

quiggy2512 Senior Stratmaster

May 19, 2014
    I was a big Testament/Sepultura/Skrewdriver fan back in the day. My wife would lose the plot if I cranked any metal lol

These days it's all nursery rhymes and singalong tunes that get blasted from our residence :D very rock and roll I tell u!!

TomH71 likes this.

7. rolloman

rolloman Strat-O-Master

Jan 19, 2014
    United States
    Awesome playing ya got goin on. Wish I could come out of my bedroom with my embarrassing chops. Lol

Jigglebone and Boognish like this.

8. Mouse

Apr 25, 2012
    New Jersey
    kmanjax likes this.

9. Mouse

Apr 25, 2012
    New Jersey

Lol. Funny Nigel Tufnel voice. That sounded a bit like the Hell Bent for Leather solo.

10. Robins

Robins Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 22, 2010
    Germany
    Great stuff Mouse \m/
    I think that solo from mshivy is Angus style - look! one hand only xD
    I love this thread by the way. It does make me feel younger some how - more alive anyway.

Here´s a solo I came up with about a year ago - man, time is flying.

http://soundcloud.com/robinskw/metalbacksolo

\m/ \m/,
    Robin

Electgumbo likes this.

11. wiryawan

wiryawan Senior Stratmaster

Back in my Seattle days, I did a lot of Mr. Big stuff on my downtime. It's not metal enough to be categorized as heavy metal but hopefully this will do. Alive and Kickin' by Mr. Big! Go Paul Gilbert!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDbzbR8fGz0&ab_channel=bajigurwedangronde

My latest heavy metal thing that I played was Periphery's All New Materials. Not their heaviest song, but they are heavy metal nevertheless.

https://soundcloud.com/bejo_sutarno/all-new-materials-re-mixed-using-bias-desktop-tone-match

Holy cow btw Mshivy, your Yngwie stuff and that legato on Dave Murray signature, both are just crazy! My brain just exploded by the awesomeness of your metal playing my friend!

Mouse, I remember watching that clip! Your playing is as fantastic as ever, rock on!!

Robins, awesome metal playing too my friend, that was a real nice tone you have there!! Cool solo playing too!!

Electgumbo likes this.

12. Mouse

Apr 25, 2012
    New Jersey
    Dig it! I always hear a classical vibe to your playing with a bit of Mercyful Fate phrasing. Well done brother! \m/

13. Mouse

Apr 25, 2012
    New Jersey
    Wirywan - you're an amazing player. Anyone who can play Gilbert is metal enough in my book. That Periphery tune is wicked and metal playing beyond what my simple classic and thrash metal brain can comprehend. That's next level stuff.

14. mshivy

Robins , that was some wicked yet melodic playing. I love the exotic scales you use. Great tone as always. Very cool indeed!

15. bish0p34

bish0p34 Senior Stratmaster

Dec 11, 2013
    Alexandria, Va.
    Some great playing in here! It's always great hearing some Yngwie from you mshivy. How was that Dave Murray Strat? I still want one someday, he's one of my biggest idols.

Wiryawan, and Mouse..great stuff as well! You guys are all top notch players.

16. Mouse

Apr 25, 2012
    New Jersey
    Thanks but I'm a hack compared to mshivy and wiryawan :D

I was hoping you'd jump in here as you're quite the metal player (and player in general) yourself. I know you must have some Maiden clips here and there!

17. bish0p34

bish0p34 Senior Stratmaster

Dec 11, 2013
    Alexandria, Va.
    Funny you mention Maiden Mouse, I was just relearning Back In The Village. That's one of the two or three Maiden songs that are actually hard to play. Adrian comes up with some great stuff! Here's a quick run of the tricky parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcIzlof5lPA

Here's a clip of a solo I'm getting ready to record for a new song I'm working on. Not too shreddy, but I'm a melodic guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DurBADlukQ4

18. Mouse

Apr 25, 2012
    New Jersey
    That's what I'm talking about. That intro riff of Back in the Village has given me fits for years. Something about the alternate picking throws me off when trying to grab the notes on the D string. Sometimes it's on the downstroke...other times it's on the upstroke.

I like that solo! That lick starting around :21 is killer.

You know if we're not careful, we could turn this thread into an Iron Maiden tribute! :D

19. sam_in_cali

sam_in_cali Scream for me Strat-Talk! Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 21, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA
    Ah man, that is making me miss my old strat! You NEVER see those ones in GCs!

Haha! Ya, was a late night my friend! I'll try to get something up, this thread seems right at home :twisted:

20. sam_in_cali

sam_in_cali Scream for me Strat-Talk! Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 21, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA
    Bishop, digging the Maiden riff and instantly wondering if I've been playing that one wrong myself all these years! Do you know you how to play Sea of Madness?? That is the one I cannot figure out for the life of me

mshivy likes this.