hello again from ohio

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by phreddybee, Aug 20, 2015.

1. phreddybee

phreddybee New Member!

joined the forums a while ago- or at least I think I did. anyway, I lost track and decided to jump back in.

I first picked up the guitar in 1960, at age 6. first real setup was a musicmaster and a brown Princeton amp-1962 or so. about 2 years later my dad bought me a used strat. had it for 10 years, sold it to a friend, and bought a les paul custom.

played in bands from 66 to around 78. kind of got tired of it, plus all the good places to play became discos. got married, had kids, and hardly played at all for 20 years. in that time, I was in 2 car accidents in which I was injured and suffered concussions, hurting my abilities to concentrate.

in 2002, I had just lost my job around my birthday. my wife and her family got together and bought me a squire guitar/amp package. I was stunned- I didn't think she new how much I wanted to get back into playing. I struggled, worked at it, and got a lot of abilities back.

today I have a 2012 usa satin honeyburst strat that I put a deluxe players strat noiseless pickup set in, and a mustang lll v.2, which is a great amp. I only play out occasionally, so this setup does me fine. if I find myself playing more often, who knows.

thanks for reading, fender friends-play on in good health

2. srvsayce78

srvsayce78 Most Honored Senior Member

Welcome to the forum

3. stratman in va

stratman in va Most Honored Senior Member

Welcome ! Playing some music has helped me get through some big shake ups too.. in a healthy way.

4. jaybones

jaybones Dr. Stratster

Welcome (back?)!

Always good to see a fellow Buckeye here. What part of our fine state do you live in? I'm up north, about the middle of the state out on Lake Erie.

5. shovelmike

shovelmike Senior Stratmaster

Welcome

I am happy that you worked at it and recovered your playing abilities. That was really cool of your wife to get you the guitar.

6. nungesser

nungesser crash into your windshield of love

welcome back, and back to the guitar as well,
    round on the edges and "hi" in the middle

7. bblooz

bblooz Senior Stratmaster

Welcome to the forum. Glad to hear you are playing again!

8. phreddybee

phreddybee New Member!

I live here in northwest ohio. played for many years in the Toledo area. and am trying to get back into gigging more often. just hard to find people my age (61) who just want to play for fun- and maybe a few bucks:rolleyes:

9. ZlurkCorzDog

ZlurkCorzDog INMATE #7XX7XX7

10. jaybones

jaybones Dr. Stratster

Lived in Toledo fall of '90 to spring of '91, freshman year at UT (didn't apply myself and decided to cut my losses before the university cut them for me). Was in a Reggae band, and I played the drums. We got a gig at The Distillery and at Frankie's. Just one, each.

Pretty much not really ready for gigs then. I had played drums in high school and knew a guy who owned a set, and I gave him lessons in exchange for me being allowed to use his set.

We had a decent song, sort of Reggae with some rap, called The Creeper. Not too hard to figure out...;)

11. ToneMan Guitar

ToneMan Guitar ToneMan Guitar

Hey I loved your story. Welcome and enjoy!