Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by A Future Legend, Dec 27, 2008.

1. A Future Legend

A Future Legend Strat-Talker

Hello everyone,

I am a digital artist who is getting back into music. I love playing the guitar and piano. I am not that great in either one, but it's a passion I can't seem to shake.

I own a Stratocaster 50 year anniversary, and a Les Paul. I also have a Carvin electric acoustic.

Last night I purchased a Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue. I loved all of the Fender amps and hope I made the right choice. I was sold on the retro clean tone it gave. I decided to purchase it after I heard the drive crunch distort sound I could get out of it.

However, I am concerned. When I play my stratocaster through this amp the buzz is really obvious. I have a computer with two monitors in the room, so I don't know if it's the Strat with the montiors that is causing this. I did not hear the buzz in the guitar store. Can anyone tell me the best way (if any), to get rid of this buzz?

Don't mind my Username, I figure I should aim high; even at my age. ;)

2. Orlando Mike

Orlando Mike Senior Stratmaster

definitely could be the monitors..my strat hums a little when the TV is on...

3. asc67

asc67 Senior Stratmaster

Welcome, The monitors could be the problem. Try plugging it in another room to check to see if that gets rid of the hum.

4. S. Rock

S. Rock Senior Stratmaster

welcome to strat-talk, Mr Legend. glad to have you here. as has been said,it could be your monitor. or if you live in an old house, maybe the wiring. flouresence lights can do the same thing also. again, welcome.

5. A Future Legend

A Future Legend Strat-Talker

Thank you all for the warm welcome and responses. I do live in an old house. However, it has been gutted. I suppose the wiring has been redone but I am not really sure.

I wonder if I putting the amp on the other side of the small room will improve the buzz? I will put it in the other room and try.
    Thanks for the feedback.

6. Carlsoti

Carlsoti Senior Stratmaster

I responded to your other query on this, but this one gives a bit more info, so... You will most certainly hear a difference if you shut those monitors off. Additionally, if your amp is placed against a wall, it could be picking up some 60 cycle noise from wiring INSIDE the wall. You may also find that the noise may be reduced if you change your playing position (face west, instead of north, for instance.) Not that the magnetizm of the earth affects it; it has more to do with EMI from whatever other equipment you have nearby. A good surge protector/noise filter may slightly help, too. If all that doesn't work, going hog-wild with some new shielding inside the guitar usually helps a LOT.

7. Sleepy

Sleepy Strat-O-Master

A belated welcome aboard to Ya!

8. GuitarCrazy

GuitarCrazy Strat-O-Master

Welcome!

9. dtfan4ever

dtfan4ever Strat-Talker

Welcome!

10. Oldgtrnovice

Oldgtrnovice Strat-Talk Member

Hello from Chicago

Hi everyone! I'm Mark and I recently bought my first Strat, a red MIM with rosewood fretboard, EMG SA Single coils, and a Kahler locking trem. I've been dabbling with guitars off and on for more than 20 years but I finally am getting serious about this. I'm a passionate music guy and now I'm also a guitarist. I also own an Ibanez S470 DXQM in the blue burst finish and a black Cort Tele copy that I plan on replacing many things on. I've been lurking on here for a couple days and I like what I see. :)

11. Laylas Daddy

Laylas Daddy Banned

Welcome to Strat-Talk!!!

12. Oldgtrnovice

Oldgtrnovice Strat-Talk Member

Thank you!

13. T-Bodz Terry B.

T-Bodz Terry B. Most Honored Senior Member

Welcome to Strat Land! Enjoy! Looks like you've received some good info above...

14. hs0504

hs0504 Strat-Talker

Yeah, I also have that hum in my homestudio. Also using a Blues Deluxe RI, active monitors, pc, strat etc. I have the impression it's caused by the PU's picking up some radiation (or whatever) from the PC (harddisc maybe), cause it also there when my monitors are off and it gets louder the closer my strat is to the pc.
    I use noiseless PU's nowadays most of the time when recording... hum gone.