Hello from Australia

fendushi

Strat-Talk Member
Aug 30, 2021
Australia
After 30 plus years of pure humbucking, fast chugging, high gain turned up to 11... I'm finally discovering the joys of clean single coil tones of the strat. :)

I have recently bought an American Pro II, my 2nd Strat. I want to purchase the new Schaller strap S locks to install on the guitar, am I able to use the original button screws on the guitar or do I have to use the ones that come with the Schallers?

I don't really want to drill a bigger hole or make the hole smaller if I dont have to. I usually have a guitar tech install them but we are in lockdown at the moment.

Here are some pics of the gear :D

View media item 34643
View media item 34644

crashbelt

Strat-O-Master
Feb 27, 2012
England
Welcome - I use Dunlop Lok Straps on all my guitars. Cheap as chips and fit over any size of button without having to change or drill anything. I have a pair in each guitar case. Some people use Grolsch beer bottle rubber washers instead - I find them a bit tight.

In return for this free Pommie advice please now stop beating us in the Ashes:whistling:

fendushi

Strat-Talk Member
Aug 30, 2021
Australia
I ended up buying some rubber strap blockers and they are actually quite secure.

I had to try them on with the strap a few times to make it work. The bottom one would not stay on properly as the leather on the strap is kinda thick. But with a little persistence, Ive found a way to put them on so they wont come off unless I want them to.

20210831_175819.jpg

20210831_175833.jpg

fendushi

Strat-Talk Member
Aug 30, 2021
Australia
Sienna Sunburst I think, If so I have one too :)

Welcome, never too many Aussies here

I have a set of Schaller strap S locks, I haven't fitted them yet,

Hi, yes its the Sienna Sunburst. I initially wanted Mystic Surf Green but it wasn't available. Maybe I'll get one in SSS next. :D

I bought it blind online cause of lockdown, Im glad that I like grain patterns on this one.