Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Papadosio, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Papadosio

Papadosio New Member!

Hello everybody! It's been a few years since I last posted, so I figured i'd reintroduce myself and my rigs!

My name is Mitch, i'm twenty four, and have been playing since I was nine. I've had quite a few different strat / strat style guitars in that time, and have settled on these two. They've been my only two electrics for about four years now and I'm very happy with them.

1. Here we go. Firstly, my main squeeze, is a 2003 Crafted in Japan 70s Re-Issue in Antigua finish. I fell in love with the Antigua finish while working at guitar center a few years ago. A vintage '79 in Antigua came through the door and I thought it was so bizarre and unique, I just loved it. Though, the price tag for it and other vintage Antigua guitars is a bit ridiculous.. (I believe around $2500 or so) So I did not have the means to purchase. Shortly after, I learned that in 93-94 and 03-04 they did a run of Japanese 70s Re-Issue strats in the finish so I began to search for one. Eventually, my patience was rewarded and I found mine online and purchased it for about $700. It's a 2003 model and in excellent shape. Additionally I'd had an urge for a number of years for an HH configuration strat. Once I came across my Antigua, I realized that given the uniqueness, and also that it was a very nice playing guitar, it seemed like the worthy candidate. Unfortunately the stock matching Antigua pick guard (very funky) was SSS configuration so it was a casualty, but I do still have it in case I ever decide to revert back. I found a new-old-stock white pearl HH pickguard from a Big Apple strat, and paired it with a Seymour Jazz in the neck and Seymour JB Trembucker in the bridge (both chrome.) It's now got a three way switch as well. I also replaced the knobs with some chrome set-screw style knobs to match the humbuckers, and the previous owner replaced the nut with a chrome roller style, so that also lends to the look, which is pretty cool. All in all I am extremely happy with how it came out, and it's by far my favorite guitar I've ever owned.

2. Secondly, this one won't be as long winded, thanks for hanging in there haha. My 1990 Made in USA Squier. I keep this guitar at my parents house, so sorry for the old, poor photo. When I stumbled upon it at a local music store, I had no idea that American made Squiers existed. After some quick research, the $250 price tag seemed like a steal. It was originally black but I refinished it in Sherwood Green Nitro. It's honestly a killer guitar.. Very light and a dream to play. Some day i'd love to make some upgrades to it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for reading! I'll see you guys around!

hornpiper, FrieAsABird and Willmunny like this.
  2. simoncroft

simoncroft Still playing. Still learning! Silver Member

Welcome aboard. Two cool guitars there!

3. Chicago Matt

Chicago Matt Strat-O-Master

Welcome back. If like to hear that Squier. Enjoy!

4. stevierayfan91

stevierayfan91 DEEPLY SHY.

Welcome back @Papadosio !

Do you find The white pearl guard kind of makes the Antigua color a little subtler ?

StummerJoe likes this.
  5. Papadosio

Papadosio New Member!

Yeah I would agree with that. For the most part I like the white pearl better, but occasionally I do miss the Antigua on Antigua, it’s just a crazy look haha

6. StummerJoe

StummerJoe Senior Stratmaster

That has to be the first time I've seen an Antigua that didn't repulse me! Never would have occurred to me to make the changes you did but for me they work. Well done! Cool Squire too.

Welcome to the forum!

Papadosio likes this.
  7. OttoG

OttoG Strat-O-Master Silver Member

Thats the proper way to introduce oneself. Good guitars.

8. myredstrat

myredstrat Senior Stratmaster

Hi!
    nice looking guitars.