Help deciding on a USA Strat

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by czgunner, Jun 1, 2021.

1. metrokosmiko

metrokosmiko Strat-Talker

Came here to say American Pro and you just happened to get that. You're gonna love it! I love mine.

2. mattier303

mattier303 Strat-Talk Member

Thanks for the service and you can’t really go wrong with any US fender. The Mexican ones are no slouches either

3. Dirtville

Dirtville Strat-Talker Gold Supporting Member

4. Dirtville

Dirtville Strat-Talker Gold Supporting Member

I own an American Fender Ultra Stratocaster and love it. I did change out the Bridge Pickup for a Seymour Duncan STK-S6 for a hotter tone for solos, but the Vintage Noiseless Pickups are as sweet as you can get!
    Sir, thanks for your service. I was not able to proudly serve as I lost a brother in Viet Nam which made me exempt. My Father asked me not to sign up. He didn't want to lose his now only son.

kdines likes this.
  5. BigDan

BigDan Strat-Talker

I salute your service and appreciate your sacrifices and this is from the son of a korean and viet nam veteran. You deserve a great American stratocaster and my suggestion is search the pawn shops for used and go to any place that sells new just to hold a few. See what feels good as far as the neck is concerned.
    My 90 am std was a steal 10 yrs ago at 700 bucks although I know they are more now but the fun is looking. Haggle the price too. Good luck bud.

6. mazzolar59

mazzolar59 Strat-Talker Silver Member

The used prices you’re seeing are greatly inflated. Don’t be afraid to offer substantially less.

7. czgunner

czgunner Strat-Talk Member

Got the Strat in. Looks to be nearly brand new. No wear. A few pick swipes on the guard. Fret sprout is pretty bad, but I'm letting the humidity of WA state do it's work for a few days and then reassessing. I am a little concerned about the high E string riding off center in it's saddle. Any thoughts on that?

Attached Files: