Help decking 6 point tremolo bridge

Discussion in 'Tech-Talk' started by Fendrix, May 16, 2020.

1. Audiowonderland

Audiowonderland Strat-O-Master Silver Member

You did not have those bridge screws all the way down to the plate when it was flat to the body. There is no way you could have.

If you lower the front of that bridge any more you are going to have problems. You don't appear to have enough range to get the saddles back to an appropriate height yo lower the bridge further

Fendrix likes this.
  2. Yinzer

Yinzer Strat-Talker

OP, loosen your strings and screw the 6 screws that hold the bridge in until the back side of the bridge just starts to lift up, and then back off the 6 screws just a hair, so the bridge is sitting flat on the body. Then tighten the term claw screws all the way. If you only have 2 spring, I'd get a third or even a fourth.

Tune up and then loosen the term claw screws until the bridge just starts to forward. Then tighten the term claw screws a hair so the bridge is flat on the body again. Your trem is now decked.

Apologies if I'm repeating other's advice...I only skimmed pages 3 and 4.

In that first image you posted, it looked like the bridge mounting screws were out too far so the bridge was coming up and maybe even catching on the threads of the screws.

drugo and train like this.
  3. Fendrix

Fendrix Strat-Talker

Yes, you’re totally right. I also ended up changing the angle in the neck pocket.

4. drugo

drugo Strat-Talker

Hi to all
    sorry for the delay , but i haven't got the email notification
    I guess I know what is it the bridge block and the bridge plate

might I ask a favor?
    might someone post 2 picture of a 6 screws and 2 pivot bridge perfectly decked and/or blocked

thanks to everyone

[​IMG]

Hi @CB91710 I got it , I 'm considering to add some woods to increase the sustain , by the way the bridge block is very close to the body ,but it doesn't touch it

Hi @The_Whale ,I have tried to loosen the 6 plate screws but the block doesn't touch the body

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  5. drugo

drugo Strat-Talker

Hi @Yinzer
    I will do it again ,following your advises steps by steps
    but May I ask a question ?
    to deck the bridge , must the bridge plate be parallel to the body or only the backside of the bride
    I have decked my mia 2 pivots bridge strat , the bridge block touch the body , the bridge back side touch the body but the bridge plate is not parallel to the body
    thanks