Help Identify 1989-90 Strat

Aqueix

Strat-Talker
Jul 30, 2021
Arizona
Everything looks about right to me, but don't take it just from me I'm not a certified Strat authenticator. Serial number adds up so I would say yes its legit

John C

Most Honored Senior Member
Silver Member
Jul 17, 2012
Kansas City
It's a Strat Plus or a Strat Plus Deluxe.

I can't make out the color(s) of the "Fender Lace Sensor" logos on the pickups - if all 3 logos are gold colored then it is a Strat Plus; if they are other colors then it's a Strat Plus Deluxe. The earliest Strat Plus Deluxes has Lace Sensors with silver logos in the neck and middle positions and one with a blue logo in the bridge position; those didn't last long and the set changed to a blue logo for the neck position, silver logo for the middle position, and red logo for the bridge position.

Kestrel

Strat-Talker
Silver Member
Sep 25, 2017
Northants England
Strat Plus or Strat Plus Deluxe, beautiful Strat and everything looks Original except the switch tip may have been changed as it should have faded a bit over its 32 years, Plus's are my favourite Strat of all time.

CLTFatCat

New Member!
Oct 7, 2021
North Carolina
It's a Strat Plus or a Strat Plus Deluxe.

I can't make out the color(s) of the "Fender Lace Sensor" logos on the pickups - if all 3 logos are gold colored then it is a Strat Plus; if they are other colors then it's a Strat Plus Deluxe. The earliest Strat Plus Deluxes has Lace Sensors with silver logos in the neck and middle positions and one with a blue logo in the bridge position; those didn't last long and the set changed to a blue logo for the neck position, silver logo for the middle position, and red logo for the bridge position.

Thanks for your help. I bought it from a friend thanks to you. I knew it was nice but I wanted to make sure it wasn't something super unique so I didn't rip him off.