Help identify this guitar?

Discussion in 'Squier Strat Forum' started by rollmeaway, Jun 11, 2016.

1. rollmeaway

rollmeaway Strat-Talk Member

Screenshot_001.jpg I have a chance to get this guitar and amp for a fantastic price. The photo is kind of murky. Can any of you well informed members help me ID it?

2. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster

You'll need a clairvoyant to reliably identify any guitar from a pic like that!

rollmeaway likes this.
  3. Pete McC

Pete McC Senior Stratmaster

Its a Strat copy.... I got nuthin else...

rollmeaway likes this.
  4. Tee H C

Tee H C Senior Stratmaster

Squire affinity with the label scratched off.

5. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Stratster

6. rollmeaway

That's kind of where I'm at with this thing. I just can't find any examples with the "big head" 22 fret neck. My Squier Standard has a neck like this. But mine has a two point trem. I like the color of this guitar. I'm waiting to the girl to answer me about what is written on the headstock. If it is a Squier, I will probably pickup all you see in the picture for $50.00 USD.

7. crawdaddy

crawdaddy Most Honored Senior Member

For $50....looks like a Marshall amp....you should be on your way to pick it up now....you could probably sell the amp for that!!!! And end up with a free guitar...

I have a Squier "Standard" from the late 90's that has the big headstock....

rollmeaway likes this.
  8. rollmeaway

Well unless it falls through for some reason , I should be picking this up tomorrow. Amp, guitar and stand. The girl says it reads "Squier Strat" on the headstock. ??? Thanks for the replies y'all.

9. Guitarmageddon

Some of the newer Made in Indonesia Affinity models have 22 frets...it could also just be 21 frets and the shadowing / angle of the photo makes it look like 22....

It's an Affinity, you should ask if it says 'Affinity' in script on the ball end of the headstock face...

[​IMG]

rollmeaway likes this.
  10. Tee H C

Tee H C Senior Stratmaster

I dont think there is anything on the headstock looks as thought it's all been sanded away. But when not in the shadows like that photo you will still see where it used to be. unless they just did the whole thing. But sometimes it leaves a shadow of what was there/ doubt the affinity bit will be eligable though.

rollmeaway likes this.
  11. rollmeaway

Well, I took my adopted grand daughters with me to see what was described as a Squier Strat. When I got there I found why you could not make out the name one the headstock in the picture. There was none!

The reason I took the girls, 12 and 13 is cause the oldest said she liked the guitar and wanted it.

I met the girl who owned it in a Walmart parking lot here in Fayetteville. When I got there I saw the blank headstock and when questioned, she said she "thought" it was a Squier then offered to lower the price to $40. It was a parts caster with an unremarkable body but the neck immediately caught my eye as very good quality with zero fret wear and what looked like Gotoh locking tuners.

So I got a guitar, stand, tuner, Electro Harmonics metal muff box, Marshall MG10cd practice amp and two patch cords for $40.

Disassembling it, I found a cheap, unmarked seafoam green Strat clone body (probably basswood) with white three ply pick guard and matching rear plate, loaded with cheap mini pots, switch and ceramic pups.

I was hoping to find a Warmoth neck but it was a Mighty Mite. The amp was a real shocker. That little baby puts out some really sweet sound with my Bullet and Squier Standard. Great tone through the clean and gain channels. This thing is simplicity perfected. I was going to re-sell it but it sounds so good I might keep it to use in the house instead of my Mustang 3.

If any of y'all know about Mighty Mite necks or the rest of this stuff, I'd appreciate your opinions. Some pics:

Attached Files:

Yves and Guitarmageddon like this.
  12. Guitarmageddon

That's an amazing deal you scored @rollmeaway - mighty mite necks are about $100-150 new, depending on options....

rollmeaway likes this.
  13. Bodean

Bodean Just A Simple Man

Great 40 buck deal.

rollmeaway likes this.
  14. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985

You got a steal of a deal for $40.00. The neck alone is worth more than that. Mighty Might necks are pretty good IME.

15. rollmeaway

I believe it is this one:

http://www.mightymite.com/strat-c-6_7/mm2934----p-84.html

It is a very nice neck. Good thing I took it apart. Who ever built it did not ground the spring claw. I had to solder a ground wire from the vol pot to it. I have it back together, set up and my daughter is annoying everyone with it and that loud little 10 watt Marshall.

Hash McBrown likes this.
  16. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985

Grin and bear it, try and encourage her to learn. She may be annoying you now, but someday she may be the next Hendrix... or whomever.;)

Hash McBrown and rollmeaway like this.
  17. rollmeaway

I mean that in a light hearted fashion. She wants to be Orianthi.

18. jaybones

jaybones Dr. Stratster

Not a bad choice! I've never been much of a fan, but she played with Michael Jackson so there's that. Also has an endorsement with Fretlight guitars.

I'm sure she gets paid pretty well, more than I do on SSDI anyway...

rollmeaway likes this.
  19. Pete McC

Pete McC Senior Stratmaster

You scored a great deal! Wish I could find deals like that! Good luck to your daughter, I have a 15 year old girl who is also keen to play so I'm looking forward to her birthday in July when I can give her her first electric :)

rollmeaway likes this.
  20. Jacob frye

Jacob frye Strat-Talk Member

i need a better photo but from what i can get it is ether a off-brand copy of a fender or it is a fender strat with a custom neck