Help Identifying Stratocaster Pickups

Discussion in 'Pickup Forum' started by Andy Grey, Oct 7, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Andy Grey

Andy Grey New Member!

Hello experts. I inherited a mij greco stratocaster recently and it came with an extra loaded pickguard.
    Never seen pickup trucks like this.
    The previous owner says it is Custom shop Pickups..? Thanks in advance for any help!

Attached Files:

• 0.jpg
      0.jpg
      File size:
      211.4 KB
      Views:
    • 01.jpg
      01.jpg
      File size:
      71.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Stratster

Welcome to the forum!!

Those are pickups made by somebody other than Fender - they could be really good - but they are not made by Fender....

They could POSSIBLY be old Seymour Duncan pickups.....or something else entirely.....

Andy Grey likes this.
  3. guitarchaeologist

guitarchaeologist El Salado Guitartist Silver Member

At a glance, they look like Fender parts to me (excepting the pickguard, but it could be also I suppose), but more detailed pix are needed (e.g., the p'up coil windings, the codes on the pots). I'm not willing to discount the p'ups are Fender pieces just yet, but we may not be able to definitively ID them. The decals on the p'ups are almost certainly not factory issued, but anyone could have put those on, especially if the parts were assembled from different sources or moved from one pickguard to another.

hamerfan, Baelzebub and Andy Grey like this.
  4. hamerfan

hamerfan Strat-Talker

What guitar archaeologist said, the stickers are aftersale. If they have dark maroon wire, they could be Texas Specials from the 90ies - before they had the dots and the silver labels. The DCR measurements are on the right way.

5. fenderkev

fenderkev Most Honored Senior Member

They look almost too clean underneath to be Fenders, and I don't know of any Fender bridge pup that is as high as 7.7k. Could be anything to be honest, although if I had to make a guess I'd say Tonerider Classic Blues.

6. hamerfan

hamerfan Strat-Talker

The first edition Texas Specials bridge had 7.6k on the paper. 6.2k and 6.5k for the neck and middle like the recent ones.