Join Strat-Talk Today

Help identifying this body

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Strat GT, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Funk McNasty

Funk McNasty Strat-O-Master

Hey it sucks, you got scammed, but it’s not on you/your fault. The Pawn Shop should have done the research. Hopefully you can fix this, get yourself a proper guitar, and get back to playing.

Next time, might I recommend avoiding pawn shops for instruments? You can usually get better deals at a the local town music store, Guitar Center, or Reverb.com. You’ll always find options for buyer protection there and those places deal directly with manufacturers so when you buy a Fender, you know it’s really a Fender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Senior Stratmaster

That is why I use PayPal when I buy guitars off of places like eBay. If I get scammed, PayPal will get my money back. To the OP, if the pawn shop doesn’t return your money, filing a police report would be my next step.

Guitarmageddon and sgarnett like this.
  3. Strat GT

Strat GT New Member!

Going Friday...I'll let y'all know the outcome.

Will Lefeurve, rich815 and 3bolt79 like this.
  4. Strat GT

Strat GT New Member!

And believe me I'm not a Strat expert by any stretch but after all the research I've done I'm pretty sure I could spot another fake... especially with you guys for back up. For the record my guess on the body was a Squire SE. A beginner Strat from China that probably even came with an Amp.

5. Strat GT

Strat GT New Member!

Screenshot_20190612-200308.png Look like mine??? $79.....unreal!

6. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Nope, different routing....

7. johnnymg

johnnymg Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

I'm sorry you got scammed on that guitar. Hopefully you can get a refund. If not, consider it an education cost. o_O

I don't think the body/electronics are Squier as it looks like a total mess. Even a lowly Squier Bullet is better built than that guitar. BTW, I really like my Bullet Strat and I only call it 'lowly' to appease the cork sniffers. :whistling:

Will Lefeurve likes this.
  8. CB91710

CB91710 This is a Custom Title Gold Member Strat-Talk Supporter

That is extremely interesting.
    The neck is a slab maple, which is not common... don't know if it was used on any Squier or not.
    The headstock looks to be the same as an American Special/Highway One, except the "walnut" truss rod plug looks funky... like it was added to an Asian neck.
    This would be one that a LOT of people might be taken on... likely the pawn shop owner himself did not realize it was a fake.

Guitarmageddon likes this.
  9. Strat GT

Strat GT New Member!

Even took a friend with me to check it out who owns several Strats and played lead guitar professionally for Billy Crash Craddock. Fooled him too.

10. Nadnitram

Nadnitram Senior Stratmaster

I'm really sorry that this happened to you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.