Join Strat-Talk Today

Help to identify

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Diogo_Nefenz, Apr 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Diogo_Nefenz

Diogo_Nefenz New Member!

Hey guys! I have this guitar since 2005. Nitro lacquer ( cracked. I love it). Sound wonderful, looks great. Alder body, maple vintage C shape neck. But, the other guy erased what was written on the headstock and the serial should be, there's a #560 written with pencil. It has Wilkinson tuners. Check the video

2. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier Freak Strat-Talk Supporter

Welcome to the forum - this is a fake Fender....it's a low end Squier Bullet Strat with a Fender logo applied, and refinished body.....those are not Wilkinson tuners they are the original cheap Trapezoid type.....would never be on a real Fender.....

JurnyWannaBe and Thrup'ny Bit like this.
  3. Diogo_Nefenz

Diogo_Nefenz New Member!

It's possible. I apllied the fender logo, it's very cheap here in Brazil. I removed one of the tuners and is written "Jin ho" on the back. It's Korean and the wilkinson's maker but not a Wilkinson really. I thought about it's a squier but I've never seen a squier with a 22mm neck, that thin fingerboard and that contour on the back. I had one squier and was totally different. Have you seem a squier like this one?

4. Rufustelestrat

Rufustelestrat Senior Stratmaster

Jin Ho means HHHHHAHHAHAHHA I got you to look here in Korean.

5. Yves

Yves Most Honored Senior Member

Welcome to the Forum @Diogo_Nefenz . Love Brazil forever!!

It is definitely exactly what @Guitarmageddon said it is, you can be certain of that.

JurnyWannaBe and Diogo_Nefenz like this.
  6. Diogo_Nefenz

Diogo_Nefenz New Member!

So, that's it. But I still like her. It sounds rralre great, I installed alnico 5 pick ups, changed the switch and the nut. Thanks

JurnyWannaBe likes this.
  7. Diogo_Nefenz

Diogo_Nefenz New Member!

So that is it but I still love her. I installed alnico pickups and changed the switcher and nut. She sounds really great. Thank you guys

8. Guitarmageddon

22 fret neck? YEs, early Affinity small headstock, made in china or indonesia from 1997 to 1999

So...you put a Fender logo on it...then you come here asking for us to identify it knowing it's not real??

9. Diogo_Nefenz

Diogo_Nefenz New Member!

No. It came to me with nothing written on the head, so I put the logo. And it's 22 milimiters neck, I mean the thickness, it's very fat neck, reminds the old guitars, 60s. I removed the neck, there's a letter "G" written in a blue pilot pen

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  10. Diogo_Nefenz

Diogo_Nefenz New Member!

Fat neck and thin fingerboard. I never seen a squier neck like this and never with this contour on the back like the 62 for example.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  11. Guitarmageddon

It's a Squier from the late 1990s.....100% for sure. They were known for thicker chunky necks. 22mm at the first fret is also not that thick....that's .866"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.