Help with identifying this Stratocaster

d0sk3y

Strat-Talk Member
Jul 27, 2020
Romania
Hi all,

The guitarist from The Classic Rock Show is rocking this CAR (which seems to be a non-CS model) Stratocaster, and I was wondering if more knowledgeable than me folks around here could help me identify it.
It looks like a 50th Anniversary Stratocaster Plus, but it does not have the proper nut or the proper logo (the one in the pics seems to have the Spaghetti logo, whereas the Plus has the "80s" logo).
That is definitely a 50th Anniversary sticker on the back, and it looks like an N... serial number, am I wrong?
Screenshot 2022-06-26 032717.png
Screenshot 2022-06-26 032759.png

Any thoughts? TIA!

Last edited:

Guy Incognito

Senior Stratmaster
May 14, 2019
Here and now
Hi all,

The guitarist from The Classic Rock Show is rocking this CAR (which seems to be a non-CS model) Stratocaster, and I was wondering if more knowledgeable than me folks around here could help me identify it.
It looks like a 50th Anniversary Stratocaster Plus, but it does not have the proper nut or the proper logo (the one in the pics seems to have the Spaghetti logo, whereas the Plus has the "80s" logo).
That is definitely a 50th Anniversary sticker on the back, and it looks like an N... serial number, am I wrong?
View attachment 572385
View attachment 572386

Any thoughts? TIA!
96 Candy Apple Red Strat Plus is my first guess.

Last edited:

d0sk3y

Strat-Talk Member
Jul 27, 2020
Romania
96 Candy Apple Red Strat Plus is my first guess.

Thank you, and also a wonderful listing, for sure!
I am in Europe however, so things can become complicated with shipping, plus I just got my 75th Commemorative Strat last month, so I'm trying to stick to a budget :D
Nice guitar nonetheless

Guy Incognito

Senior Stratmaster
May 14, 2019
Here and now
Thank you, and also a wonderful listing, for sure!
I am in Europe however, so things can become complicated with shipping, plus I just got my 75th Commemorative Strat last month, so I'm trying to stick to a budget :D
Nice guitar nonetheless
I just used the listing as a visual aid. It's not my listing and it's already ended but now you can look for another the same.

John C

Most Honored Senior Member
Silver Member
Jul 17, 2012
Kansas City
Hi all,

View attachment 572385
View attachment 572386

Any thoughts? TIA!

Just a quick FYI follow-up: Fender changed the headstock decals on American Standard and Plus series models from the 80s style to the spaghetti style in 1995; that's also when the serial number moves to the back of the headstock.

Guy Incognito

Senior Stratmaster
May 14, 2019
Here and now
I guess another FYI, the 96 Fender's Anniversary badge was for the company's Anniversary and not the Stratocaster's Anniversary.

I suspect the OP already knew that but maybe others might not.

Last edited:

d0sk3y

Strat-Talk Member
Jul 27, 2020
Romania
I guess another FYI, the 96 Fender's Anniversary badge was for the company's Anniversary and not the Stratocaster's Anniversary.

I suspect the OP already knew that but maybe others might not.
Thanks for clarifying. I did indeed know this, since I just bought a 75th Anniversary Commemorative Stratocaster, but yes, it can get quite confusing :)

d0sk3y

Strat-Talk Member
Jul 27, 2020
Romania
It might be a Strat Plus Deluxe as it has a pearloid pickguard, hard to tell without seeing more of it.
The Reverb listing pointed above is absolutely identical to the guitar the guy in the video is using, so it must be a Strat Plus. The one in the vid has a pearloid pickguard too, but it's SSS. So does the one in the listing.

CB91710

No GAS shortage here
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Feb 24, 2019
SoCal
Thanks for clarifying. I did indeed know this, since I just bought a 75th Anniversary Commemorative Stratocaster, but yes, it can get quite confusing :)
Particularly confusing since there have actually been three different "incarnations" of Fender from Leo to CBS to FMIC.

If they did things like my ex wife, they'd have anniversary editions based on 1946, 1965, and 1985.