Here we go again....scan week.....

Baelzebub

Dr. Stratster
Nov 1, 2019
State of Disbelief
As most of you know I have stage 4 kidney cancer, considered terminal at this point......

I was diagnosed about 13 months ago and told I had 6 to 9 months left.....but things have improved a bit, and I'm feeling mostly good....can play guitar again!! Not so much back pain, but I'm rusty as heck!

So we have our scans coming up again (bone scan and CT scan) to see how far it's progressing - this Friday. I have to go Wednesday for bloodwork and to buy the gross barium shakes again for Friday's big day.....

I will see the doctor some time next week and should be able to update you all.....

I don't imagine I will be getting 'dire' news as I feel really good most days...
Pullin' for the news to be all good Ryan. Hang tough.

Sarnodude

Most Honored Senior Member
Sep 26, 2015
Mukilteo
I had chronic lower back pain prior to my kidney cancer diagnosis.

PSA: if you have lower back pain for no reason, talk to your doctor about getting some imaging performed on your lower abdomen. Kidney cancer is difficult to diagnose, and by the time they find it... well.....dammit Ryan, I'm weeping again!!
Praying for you, brother!

Guitarmageddon

Dr. Stratster
Apr 19, 2014
Canada
I had chronic lower back pain prior to my kidney cancer diagnosis.

PSA: if you have lower back pain for no reason, talk to your doctor about getting some imaging performed on your lower abdomen. Kidney cancer is difficult to diagnose, and by the time they find it... well.....dammit Ryan, I'm weeping again!!
Praying for you, brother!

back pain is how we found out about mine too.....