Join Strat-Talk Today

Heritage sues Gibson

Discussion in 'Other Guitar Discussion' started by knh555, Mar 25, 2020.

1. knh555

knh555 Senior Stratmaster

2. guitarface

guitarface Most Honored Senior Member

These things never really impact what I’m going to buy. Labor practices do, but not stuff like this. That said, I like heritage’s story and think the idea of old Gibson employees buying the factory and cranking out product is cool- cooler than just being Gibson.

circles, Nick-O and abnormaltoy like this.
  3. John C

John C Most Honored Senior Member

This is an interesting one - Heritage and Gibson worked out a deal back in 1991 where Heritage "tweaked" their shapes a little bit to avoid conflict with Gibson's designs (not counting the headstocks of course - but if you look closely at the bodies the Heritage LP-styles have a slightly different lower horn, and their ES-styles have different horns).

Of course not many of the old Gibson employees who didn't move to Nashville and founded Heritage 35 years ago are left, and Heritage is owned jointly by a Michigan real estate investment company and a company out of Singapore called BandLab. So the new owners of Gibson contacted the new owners of Heritage and said that Heritage had been systematically violating the 1991 agreement for years, so the new owners of Heritage preemptively sued the new owners of Gibson.

I would think that if Heritage had been systematically violating the 1991 agreement that Henry would have sent multiple C&Ds to Heritage over the years; unless something has changed that I can't see on recent Heritage models then Heritage should be successful.

Good times these days - for attorneys.:p

4. Bighump

Bighump Strat-Talker

I'd love to get a Heritage honestly. They are probably made truer to gibson style guitars than even Gibson lol

5. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985 Strat-Talk Supporter

6. nigelr

nigelr Senior Stratmaster

I have a H150 and a H535, both great guitars. The H150 weighs slightly less than a family car, but only slightly :)

7. Paul47

Paul47 Strat-Talker

It seems the only criteria you need to be boss of Gibson is to be a complete wanker.

8. Red Bread

Red Bread Strat-Talker

upload_2020-3-31_19-2-50.jpeg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.