Hi from North TX

Beargod

Strat-Talk Member
Apr 22, 2018
Arlington, TX
I agree. My neighborhood is smack in the middle of the woods I used to ride dirtbikes in as a kid. Gotta drive 20 minutes from here to find woods now. Haha
Welcome to you personally but I am ambivalent toward the references to DFW having lived here for a good long time. If I woke up one morning to news reports that half the people in the metroplex had moved away, I would be ecstatic.

Dadocaster

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2015
Sachse TX behind the cemetary
I agree. My neighborhood is smack in the middle of the woods I used to ride dirtbikes in as a kid. Gotta drive 20 minutes from here to find woods now. Haha

I grew up 320 mile south of here... But, my little town still felt little when I moved to my present house 12 years ago. The home construction cranked up again a few years ago and I know have traffic indistinguishable from all the other prosperous burbs. :D Yet I am not particularly prosperous. :D

REWTX

Strat-Talker
Apr 27, 2018
DFW
I feel your pain guys. I grew up in a really rural area west of here, been here 15 years or so. I hate the rat race but no livelihood where I'm from except the up and down oilfield. Had enough of that in my younger days.

Dadocaster

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2015
Sachse TX behind the cemetary
I feel your pain guys. I grew up in a really rural area west of here, been here 15 years or so. I hate the rat race but no livelihood where I'm from except the up and down oilfield. Had enough of that in my younger days.

That's why we are here, mostly. :D Honestly, it's just the dang traffic. I work for Humongo Telecom and I have somehow always managed to have a 25 or 30 mile commute to work. Currently I do Sachse to Las Colinas. That goodness I work at night so I am only in the stop and go in the morning on the way home.