high energy rocker inspired by Formula One grand prix

gonzo

Senior Stratmaster
Dec 4, 2009
POWDERVILLE, UTAH
"Silverstone"

i became enamored with formula run racing this last year,
after watching the british grand prix,
decided to write a song that tried to capture all that energy and raw power.

this was done using a '77 Ibanez Artist 2618, with a marshall model thru a strymon Iridium.

Scott Baxendale

Most Honored Senior Member
Silver Member
May 20, 2020
Sante Fe, NM
"Silverstone"

this was done using a '77 Ibanez Artist 2618, with a marshall model thru a strymon Iridium.

This totally sounds like a soundtrack piece that could be used in a F-1 racing documentary.

Last edited:

gonzo

Senior Stratmaster
Dec 4, 2009
POWDERVILLE, UTAH
This totally sounds like a soundtrack piece that could be used in a F-1 racing documentary.
ha! hey thanks, scott, yea, they need to hook me up! do a soundtrack...

real fun tune to track. came together really quickly, couple of days.

that bass is pretty aggressive, eh?!
i guess i think of the bass as being the pace of the race, and the guitars are like the whining engines. LOL

silly netflix, and their 'drive to survive' show, got me hooked in...

then i started going backwards in time, looking at previous seasons, and drivers, and history,
"Schumacher" "Grand Prix", "Rush", "Ferrari race to Immortality", there are a few more, but man, what a legacy.

and so hard core. crazy mo fo's.

20220926-115231.jpg

i used this guitar for all the tracks,
instead of switching out, i wanted a more smoother sound; i did switch amps and cabs, but used the same guitar.

Eric_G

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 10, 2021
Quebec
silly netflix, and their 'drive to survive' show, got me hooked in...

It's actually interesting to see the impact that DTS has had on the F1 fan base. It really brought a newer/fresher group of fans, which is good. I've been an F1 fan for as long as I can remember and while DTS was an interesting angle on the F1, it is not truly representative of what F1 really is...

I like your song, it reminded me a lot of the type of backtrack I heard when playing racing games in the past, so I would guess you nail the racing feel !

Excellent song !

thomquietwolf

Dr. Stratster
Silver Member
Dec 2, 2010
Peardale CA
"Silverstone"

So Captain Beyond
Luv It

gonzo

Senior Stratmaster
Dec 4, 2009
POWDERVILLE, UTAH
Guitar sounds great.
The Strymon sounds great.
This tune captures the power of F-1!
Great playing,.
Rene
hey rene!
thanks for listening...
yea, this is all iridium.

the marshall model just made sense using the ibanez with the classic Super 80 pickups.

i've been experimenting with a LOT of cabinet IR's to match to the marshall model, with MY guitar setups, and i'm closing in on my very best choices.

this song is as much an experiment in cabinet ir's and 'less gain is more' approach than my previous stuff.

what's really interesting, is that, i'm using far less gain than i usually do, but in the mix, it sounds pretty saturated.
which i'm still coming to grips as to why it is that way.

it's a sound i've had in my head for a long time,
saturation, but without so much gain, not so much distortion.

i have cool drive pedals,
so i'm using two systems:

1. straight marshall amp, and cabinet.
2. clean fender amp setup, thru a bogner 4x12, driven by a REVV G3 pedal for all gain.

i've got a brand new song that uses that setup now,
and i'll post that soon.

gonzo

Senior Stratmaster
Dec 4, 2009
POWDERVILLE, UTAH
It's actually interesting to see the impact that DTS has had on the F1 fan base. It really brought a newer/fresher group of fans, which is good. I've been an F1 fan for as long as I can remember and while DTS was an interesting angle on the F1, it is not truly representative of what F1 really is...

I like your song, it reminded me a lot of the type of backtrack I heard when playing racing games in the past, so I would guess you nail the racing feel !

Excellent song !
alright eric! thanks for commenting...

its fun watching F1, and the idea of putting that energy into a rock tune was kind of a no brainer.
made it easy to imagine velocity