HNFDG! Happy Ending / Cool Story! DELUXE 50th!

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by T-Bodz Terry B., Jun 21, 2010.

1. T-Bodz Terry B.

T-Bodz Terry B. Most Honored Senior Member

Happy New Father's Day Guitar!

Get ready .... Long Story, but Happy Ending!

Well as some of you know, I had my eye on that new Sunburst that Fender released this year
    called "Sunset Metalic". 3 of the 6 North Texas Guitar Centers received them in the past couple
    of weeks. 2 were sold immediately upon arrival .... I found one this past Thursday and asked
    them to put a hold on it until Saturday night knowing very well they were going to have that
    special 2 hour extended hours deal for Father's Day eve and as always an additional 15 or 20% off.

So I was all pumped up and made my way there at 8pm last night only to find that they left
    it up on the wall with a hold tag on it rather than putting it in the back for me. Therefore I arrived only to also find that it had buckle rash and a 1/4 inch chip on the top horn NOW....
    ARRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!:twisted:

I was pretty upset..... Got home and the Wife felt the unhappy vibe!

Woke up this morning to a wonderful breakfast and some goodies from the Wife and Daughter.
    .... I was back to normal. Then my Wife said.. "Let's go check out some Guitar Centers
    on the way to my Father In-Laws, I said ... are you kidding me? She said NO, maybe it
    would make up for last nights let down if I found something.

So we went to Lewisville (Nothing Interesting) then Plano (Still Nothing) and made our way over to Dad In-Laws for Lunch. Then we left and My Wife said, there's 2 more on the way home right? Then I realized how lucky I was to have my Wife, she was going to do everything she could to insure that I had a great Father's Day. We went to the North Dallas Store (Nothing)!

Then a last chance for Romance at the Central Dallas location .... I walked in and there she was, all the way up on the top row of the USED Section .... I had never seen one in person. Gold Hardware on a Strat with a Tobacco Burst, I thought hmmmm maybe some Gucci MIM Strat. The price tag was not facing forward so I asked one of the salesman to bring it down.
    To my surprise once it came down, it was a 50th Anniversary 2004 DELUXE Strat with a 50th Anniv Am. Std Tag on it at $999.99 No Case. I had only seen these on FLEBAY for between $1500.00 - $1700.00

I asked the guy to double check and he went in to the back and brought a Box out, he pulled the Tweed Case out with all of the Case Candy. I handed my $100.00 Off Father's Day Coupon over to him to check out and the Manager came to approve it and said: Cool, this Am. Std has an S-1 Switch installed! Right on...

$899.99 ..... Great GUITARMA! Suffered a little last night with GC Dropping the Ball only to have GC make it up to me today at the last stop on Father's day!

Attached Files:

2. T-Bodz Terry B.

More Pictures...

A few more pics ..... This is my 1st Deluxe! Very nice, I'm impressed with the tones that you can obtain with the S-1 Switch .... Very similar to the Early "The Strats".

Really Enjoying the 2 Tone / Tobacco Burst!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  3. Jawknee5

Jawknee5 Strat-O-Master

I wub it...

The shiny gold hardware makes my eyes twinkle.

Congrats, and happy fathers day!

4. peskypesky

peskypesky -------

congratulations. that's a fancy strat for sure.

5. Malikon

Malikon Dark Cabaret

Wow! So fancy!

Congrats T-Bodz.

6. kevin8122006

kevin8122006 Strat-Talk Member

That's purty!! Congratulations on a great find. Now go wear the "New" off of it!!!

7. Wideglide

Wideglide Senior Stratmaster

Congrats, Terry... HNGD, and HFD! So how do you like the neck on that deluxe?

8. Paulbiz

Paulbiz Senior Stratmaster

Sweet! Congrats! Can you tell us who dont know more about what the S-1 switch does compared to typical 5-way switchs? Oh and how does the neck feel? Thats one beautiful guitar! I like the case too!

9. Falstaff48

Falstaff48 Senior Stratmaster

Very pretty guitar. Yep, your Mrs is a keeper for sure.

10. Mr.Strategic

Mr.Strategic Strat-Talker

Congrats Terry. It's beautiful. I also agree with Falstaff. Finding a great wife who will let you buy guitars now and then and support you; yes she's a keeper also. Hold them both next to your heart.

11. guitargeekaz

guitargeekaz Senior Stratmaster

Beautiful guitar. She's a keeper for sure... your lovely wife that is!

12. jflintmac

jflintmac Most Honored Senior Member

Wow, that's a great deal you found there and a good story too.
    My SRV has that same 2 tone TB finish as well. (my favorite birst) It was a Christmas present from my wife. God bless them!!!

any way, HNFDGPFYW!

13. IvegotGAS

IvegotGAS Senior Stratmaster

Nice guitar Terry. I picked one up a couple of weeks ago and it is a very fine guitar. I love the gold accents, they really set off the tobacco burst.

14. T-Bodz Terry B.

Thank you, Certainly Twinkles! I have a weakness for Gold Hardware!
    I do not own any custom Shops so this Embroidered Case along with the Engraving on the guitar is much fancier than I'm use to...
    Some Bling toned down with a simple 2 tone tobacco.
    I wore it out last night from about 8pm till 2am, Love it!
    The neck is actually great! My 1st time to own a Deluxe and the C-Shape with the Satin finish along with Medium Jumbo Frets is pretty sweet!
    Thanks Brother, as for the S-1, it's a push down / Button on the top Center of the Tone knob. You still have the 5 way just with 5 more options when depressed. Not sure of the technical definition but I'm sure it's somewhere here under S-1. Too new to know yet... Need to do more research myself on the correct terminology, Certainly a very Warm tone / boost in my opinion.
    Yeah, I was pretty blown away by the Wife and Daughter. Daughter was sleeping and the Wife sat in the Car watching her.... Diehard! Speechless!
    Most Important Passions in My Life! Definately a KEEPER!
    Thx, Indeed my friend!
    My SRV appears to be more of a 3 tone burst... You have a KEEPER as Well! Lucky guys we are!
    That's what originally caught my eye, Sweet Gold Hardware setting off the simplicity of a 2 Tone Burst with a solid white pickguard!

Thanks everybody for the wonderful compliments and kind words!
    You guys are the BEST!!! OH, CAN'T FORGET MY GUITAR SUPER MODEL that made the Father's Day Celebration all Possible.... My Daughter Below and her Elephant Hat she made! She loves taking pictures with Guitars!

Attached Files:

15. electrablue

electrablue Strat-Talk Member

Congrats on a beautiful guitar and a super family.

16. Lua1

Lua1 PolyMayerMaple

awesome stuff!

17. fenderkev

fenderkev Most Honored Senior Member

Wow...thats a beautiful guitar, and WHAT, a Fathers day present! Congratulations. I got Gillette blades and Aftershave! The Irish definitely don't do Fathers day like the Americans, or should that be, Texans? :cry:

18. Outlier73

Outlier73 Strat-O-Master

WOW.... WOW!

Happy fathers day too. I got a baseball glove (which I asked for and love)... But, WOW! Congrats! btw, are you updating you avatar with all these new guitars?

19. fenson

fenson ----------------------

very nice!!

20. Steve!

Steve! Strat-Talker

that burst sure is pretty HNGD