Join Strat-Talk Today

HNGD Classic 60's Lacquer

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by ~NT~, Sep 21, 2014.

1. ~NT~

~NT~ Strat-Talk Member

I am happy.
    Btw I got it with incorrect "Anniversary" case.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

integra evan, WilseyFanPDX and Erik_C like this.
  2. mfranzdorf

mfranzdorf Senior Stratmaster

Very nice! I played one of those a couple weeks ago and nearly left the store with it. Maybe it will be Merry Christmas to me in a few months. Enjoy!

3. The-Kid

The-Kid Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Good stuff.

I have a regular Classic Series 60s and its awesome.

Hope you enjoy this version and for the money its really hard to beat, I wouldnt trade mine for an American Standard or anything else really....Ok maybe a John Mayer Sig strat but thats about it lol.

Really great guitar and hope it wont fail to put a smile on your face and make you happy for some time to come, mine definitely doesn't fail its full of winning all day long :).

WilseyFanPDX likes this.
  4. yeezy

yeezy Strat-Talker

Happy NGD man!

Im in the market for a classic series and I was wondering how do you like the neck profile compared to a Modern C?

5. The-Kid

If you like a fatter neck it can be had in the Classic Series 60s, I can say from experience because I own one currently.

Its not a super fat C shape neck but it definitely is substantially fatter and wider feeling than a Modern C on American Standard IMO.

6. yeezy

yeezy Strat-Talker

Perfect! Thanks man, sounds exactly what Im looking for :D

7. The-Kid

I think they are awesome and for the money if you can get one new or used they are just such a great deal.

8. ~NT~

~NT~ Strat-Talk Member

Thanks all!

About neck thickness -- it is a bit fatter and rounder modern C but completely comfortable for me. But difference is really minor. There is very playable neck.

I asked one guy here in next thread about tremolo width before buying and had no answer. So I am answering for possible buyers and Google -- Fender Classic Series tremolo width (space between 1and 6 strings) is a 56.4 mm or 7/32 inch.

Does anybody know is it possible to buy keys for that case? I've got it without keys.

9. PinkFloydfan91

PinkFloydfan91 Senior Stratmaster

I have a white classic series '60s Telecaster that I absolutely love. The neck is perfect especially with the vintage size frets. I wish Fender would have did a run of the '60s Teles in lacquer.

10. ~NT~

~NT~ Strat-Talk Member

Only 50's presented now AFAIK

11. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

I don't agree at all. The Classic Series 60s Strat & Tele necks are amongst the slimmest necks I've found on Fenders. That's why I like them so much.

12. strung-out

strung-out Strat-Talker

Lucky devil! I'd love to own this one! Probably my go-to Strat for under $1000. Really nice stuff!

Id go for it if I didn't have a Strat already!

13. strung-out

strung-out Strat-Talker

This. Every classic 60's I've played has had the slimmest neck of life. Was every neck in this era as slim as this one?

My jaguars a 62 reissue and it has a fat V neck. Believe it or not.

14. ~NT~

~NT~ Strat-Talk Member

I am ordering a tremolo with steel block from GFS.
    What do you think is it make any sence (i want to use only block or block + platform)? Your opinions welcome.

15. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

I don't know about "every neck" but the 1960 & 1964 Strats I've tried both had slim necks very similar to my 1986 AVRI. The Classic Series 60s necks are close to this.

The Japanese 60s style necks I've had (Strat & Tele) have both been a fair bit fatter & didn't suit me at all. No doubt many people would prefer them.

16. Jefro

Jefro Senior Stratmaster

Totally agree with this man.

The neck on my Classic 60's is thin. The modern C on my Hwy1 feels a tiny bit thicker. But I will say the Classic feels a bit more round or oval vs C shaped.

17. yeezy

yeezy Strat-Talker

Thanks guys, didn't mean to thread jack. Ive played a CP60s and RW60s, just not a CS60s so I really appreciate all the input

OP, Classic Series Strats have 2 7/32" String Spacing. Can't comment on the GFS parts as Ive never used them

18. ~NT~

~NT~ Strat-Talk Member

I used to use one with brass block on my Squier Classic Vibe'60 -- it was very good. But there was really thin zinc block. On Classic Series it looks massive, it's painted to some king of gray paint. Wish I know is it zinc or steel.

19. The-Kid

To me they seem fatter than a modern C on an MIA Standard.

Not that MIA standard are thin but I just feel that the Classic Series 60s is a little bit fatter than most MIA standards I have placed.

Hell my classic series 60s is fatter than my MIJ Waynes World and I think the Waynes World has a fatter neck than your regular MIA standard.

Most AM standards have been kind of on the slimmer side and definitely not as fat as a Classic Seires 60s in my experience.

Also for the most part modern Cs are typically less girthy and fat but wider than a traditional C shape like on the Classic Series and is kind of slim by comparison to the MIM.

Thats because its actually fatter than an MIA standard and the neck is actually girthier. It gives that round/oval feeling.

The MIA standard might feel fatter but in reality its just wider and it is slimmer on its width, such are the characteristics of a modern C neck.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  20. 64 Tele

64 Tele Strat-O-Master

I've got the non-lacquer (poly) finish model, as I REALLY didn't bond with the lacquer finish. I got a period correct Brown Tolex G&G case, cause I didn't like/want a tweed one like they pair with the lacquer finish version.

They are a great buy and it's now my favorite Strat. :)

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.