1. Enter to Win one of two Strats we are giving away! An American Pro II Strat HSS and a Squier Classic Vibe Strat. To see the prizes and rules: https://www.strat-talk.com/pages/2020_Fundraiser_giveaway/ To enter: https://www.strat-talk.com/account/upgrades To enter, simply upgrade to silver (1 entry), gold (2 entries), platinum (5 entries), or double platinum supporting membership (10 entries). November 5th is the last day to enter!

Home built Bitsacaster - Nunostrat

Discussion in 'Non-Fender S-Type Guitar Forum' started by Nunostrat, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Nunostrat

Nunostrat Strat-Talk Member

This guitar was initially started in the early 1980s with my Dad. I bought a body and neck from Touchstone Tonewoods. Dad married them together with a plate made in his machine shop he worked in. I routed (actually hand chiseled) out the cavity for electrics. Originally it had two Dimarzio PAFs in it but some years ago this was changed and it had a Ibanez Super 70 in the neck for a while. Now it has two Swineshead humbuckers - made with real wood bobbins. Sadly Swineshead went to the wall some years back. Bridge is an old Mighty Mite fixed tail unit and the tuners are locking Sperzels.

Body is Ash which I love - I have two Ash bodied Tele's I've built too. It was just stained with a stain so is open grain and the neck is just oiled. I call it Nunostrat (hence my handle) as it looks a bit like Nuno Bettencourt's Washburn, at least it was mistaken for one once by someone.

It is a fun guitar - still has memories for me obviously because of my Dad's association in building it.

2013-06-08 16.55.27.jpg

Nick Evans and Pete McC like this.
  2. Vindibona1

Vindibona1 Most Honored Senior Member

Such an interesting guitar. Which bridge is on it?

Nunostrat likes this.
  3. Nunostrat

I should add that it has vol and tone on both pickups a la Gibson typical wiring. Coil tap push/pulls on both tones. I normally run it as coil tapped on neck and humbucker on bridge that suits my style well

4. Nunostrat

Thanks. It's a very old Might Mite one. I bought that in 1981 - they were reasonably available then. I also own a Peter Cook custom Axis that has the same bridge on it actually.
    They were brass, in that period of brass everything but chrome plated.

IMG_6424.JPG

5. Pete McC

Pete McC Senior Stratmaster

Love guitars with a personal history to them like this :)

Nick Evans and Nunostrat like this.