Home Studio Progress

Straticus

Strat-Talker
Apr 20, 2021
Saint Paul, MN USA
Continuing to make progress expanding my little studio in the basement. Just added the Nord Stage 3. I'll be figuring out how to use this instrument for many years. I've had pianos and organs; this is my first synthesizer. (The Stage 3 has Organ, Piano, Synth, and an array of Effects as well as a Program function.)
1 Clean Tone Studio Apr 2022.jpg 2 Clean Tone Studio Apr 2022.jpg 3 Clean Tone Studio Apr 2022.jpg 4 Clean Tone Studio Apr 2022.jpg

Straticus

Strat-Talker
Apr 20, 2021
Saint Paul, MN USA
Decided against the Roland KC-600 based upon feedback/advice from long time keyboard players (real musicians who go gig every week). They recommended I check out the QSC line; I ended up with a CP12. The clarity is amazing. 1000 Watts; 800 to the 12" midrange/woofer and 200 to the high compression tweeter. The Nord Stage 3 sounds like thundergods through that thing. My little looper/drum box (Boss RC-10R) also sounds terrific through it.

Updated pics. I added a skinny little table to sit above my amps. No more bending over to adjust pedals. I like my little studio. IMG_2235.jpg IMG_2236.jpg IMG_2237.jpg IMG_2238.jpg

Bowmap

I nose a thang or two.
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 23, 2017
3rd door down.
Nice. Neat. Organized. Even the instrument cables are coiled on top of the amps. Everything has it place. But is was a great move to use that work bench as a desk.

Seamus OReally

Fading away
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 11, 2019
Santa Rosa, CA
All DAWs are primarily the same. The learning curve come from learning what that software calls a specific function and where the command lives. Logic calls everything something different than Digital Performer, but they have almost the same functionality. ProTools is not more tracking friendly than Logic… it just used to be MIDI hostile, but I think even that’s been fixed.