Hot rod deville 212 II

guitarman1984

Senior Stratmaster
Jul 24, 2013
Italy
Bought this used today,
I paid for it before I (tried) to lift it, otherwise I may have left it there lol (this thing is heavy).
Done three stair ramps at the owner house, one at mine, my arm is in pain.
Sounds sweeeeeeet though! I plan to keep it in my music room as main amp for the loud clean settings.
Happy camper here, even with a painful arm!

guitarman1984

Senior Stratmaster
Jul 24, 2013
Italy
Nice, congrats! I have '95, the original version, and it sounds fantastic. Enjoy! They are heavy, tho...
This one is in the B-37 serial range, and should be a series 2. Any idea of the year? I was looking for the quality control stick in the housing to date it, but didn't find it....where is it? It's really heavy.....

Last edited:

marksound

Strat-O-Master
Mar 8, 2010
OK
Almost 20 years ago I put casters on my HRDx, after a few months of lugging it around. My bandmate bought a Twin and I just laughed every time I rolled past him.

Guy Incognito

Senior Stratmaster
May 14, 2019
Here and now
Bought this used today,
I paid for it before I (tried) to lift it, otherwise I may have left it there lol (this thing is heavy).
Done three stair ramps at the owner house, one at mine, my arm is in pain.
Sounds sweeeeeeet though! I plan to keep it in my music room as main amp for the loud clean settings.
Happy camper here, even with a painful arm!
I have a 410 Deville and the 112 Deluxe. Heavy, but not as heavy as my 75 Twin Reverb.

I like the cleans on the Twin better but I think the Hot Rods take overdrive Pedals a little better and I rarely play clean.

The number one complaint for the Devilles (after the weight) is that they're "too loud". IMO that's a silly complaint because they have an effects loop after the Preamp so you can push the front of the amp as hard as you want then take the volume down with a pedal in the effects loop.

I use a Shiftline Twin preamp in my effects loop.
13886_1306741792 (1).jpg
Despite it being after the Preamp it still seems to add some Twin-like cleans while giving complete control over the volume.

Last edited:

SurfsUp

Senior Stratmaster
May 18, 2016
Aff-Ma-Heid, Ontario
Nice, congrats! I have '95, the original version, and it sounds fantastic. Enjoy! They are heavy, tho...

I also have a 1995. But the Deluxe. 1x12. Been my workhorse my entire gigging "career". I'd buy another if I had too. Theres a reason they are in fact the most popular tube amp out there.

Congrats to the OP on their new amp!!