How are Fender's amp covers?

Discussion in 'Amp Input - Normal or Bright' started by Wound_Up, Nov 14, 2020.

1. charlie chitlin

charlie chitlin Strat-O-Master Silver Member

Not as good as sweatshirts from Goodwill!
    Handy handle hole on top.
    Trim the sleeves so they don't drag. :thumb:

yamatele likes this.
  2. Bill Moore

Bill Moore Strat-Talk Member

3. CalicoSkies

CalicoSkies Most Honored Senior Member Gold Supporting Member

I have one for my amp, which I just use at home, and I think it has been fine. I have a cat that sometimes jumps up on it and occasionally claws at it, and so far I think it has been okay.

It's good to have a good tonecover.

4. LawFlow

LawFlow Strat-Talk Member

They're OK for in house use. They're nothing like the heavy covers that were provided in the 60's, but they're good for keeping spider webs out, among other things.

5. SoulSurfer

SoulSurfer Strat-Talker

They're good. I have one I don’t use at all, somewhere 26"x19"x12". They're pretty good but don’t fit my Mesa gear.

fender cover.jpeg

6. KillingTone

KillingTone Strat-Talker

Fender covers are mid-weight Kodura nylon, and like everyone else has pointed out, are not padded, so they are mostly dust/pet protectors for home use but if that’s what you need them for, they are great because they are less expensive than aftermarket converts of similar build and quality and definitely way less expensive than Marshall covers, which are WAY overpriced. My Bassbreaker 30R actually came with a cover and given the usage limitations that everyone has mentioned, they have a few nice touches. The logo on my cover is embroidered very nicely and the handle slot has vinyl reinforcement stitched in. As basic covers go, they are worth the cost.

23BA4141-A7DE-474D-BE89-EF8BFCC35E79.jpeg 4340DF1A-AA45-47DB-B26D-10F01449053E.jpeg 39072A8F-4E0F-4931-AFFC-20B5C2D2B1DC.jpeg

7. BrianB

BrianB New Member!

Not as good as the ones from many years ago; I remember them as being very stiff and heavy. But fine for my current use. I just wanted one for around the house in case I accidentally banged an edge or poked the grille cloth carrying it from one room to another. BTW, after checking around, Amazon's price is significantly below every other source.

8. Wound_Up

Wound_Up Senior Stratmaster

Oh yeah I found sound really nice looking covers at www.coveramp.com they do custom sizes, have pre-made models for popular amps, etc... They can, make them from a bunch of different material. They can, also, make them wrap around the bottom instead of just over the top and sides. Made from ballistic material. One material had the diamond pattern sewed into it. There was standard padded Nylon material, etc... Theyll even make then from nice, thick leather.

They come with a lifetime warranty, as well. Check them out, also. I just couldn't swing more for a cover than I paid for the entire amp lol. So I went with the Fender cover since it's just for dust and dog hair.

Screenshot_20201118-121034_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20201118-120740_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20201118-120746_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20201118-120754_Chrome.jpg

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  9. CAR63

CAR63 Strat-Talker

I have too many amps ( not really ) ... but some are stored in my garage and these covers are perfect for storing . They are quite tough , for throwing your amp in your car to go to a jam or whatever , but like said above , there are better covers available , but also more expensive . I bought some covers a few years ago for my vintage Bassman and Bandmaster cabs . They were made of vinyl and kind of costly , but I like covers if for nothing else they keep the dust out . A lot of companies don't offer covers with their amps , Fender's are a bargain .

10. tanta07

tanta07 Strat-O-Master

Those are nice!

...the hell is "ballistic nylon????"

11. Bill Moore

Bill Moore Strat-Talk Member

Funny, back in my day, all guitars had a case, and all amps had covers!

12. Stratbats

Stratbats Senior Stratmaster

The one that came with my 64 Princeton Reverb Custom Hand Wired is not that great, considering what I shelled out for the amp. No logo, and made in China, of course.
    The Stapleton Princeton (cost less than the Custom 64) came with a Filson Rugged twill fabric cover that is pretty nice.
    My Gries amp came with a rather good amp cover.