How bad has USPS gotten?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Hendrixlvr, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Handsome McClane

Handsome McClane Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

I've had a ton of problems with FedEx the last couple of years. USPS, no issues.

2. Malurkey

Malurkey Senior Stratmaster

I used USPS only once. It was picked up by USPS, got shipped to the Indianapolis distribution center the same day and stayed there for 3 months till the tracking code expired, and I don’t know what happened after.

Of course, being overseas, you cannot raise any request or lodge any complaints with USPS, as the website won’t allow you to do so (the form does not support international shipping), and you cannot speak to a person on the phone.

In the end, the company that I ordered through sent another item, and that somehow overtook the first.

I thought the first one had been lost and didn’t think much about it till it got delivered 9 months later. o_O

Edit: No, I did not order a baby.

StratUp and Believer7713 like this.
  3. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Senior Stratmaster

Usps is just sad !

A couple months back I bought a Tele from a guy in Missouri. Got to me in 3 days. Not bad at all.

I sell the same guy a Strat neck a few days later. Took almost 2 months :eek::eek::eek:

Sold the same guy a humbucker a week or 2 after he bought the neck. Took 4 days.
    He had that humbucker over a month before the neck arrived. :eek:

4. Mikeylefty

Mikeylefty Be Kind Silver Member

Looking back over many years the I don't recall USPS losing any of my mail. Pretty astounding really. But I've had a few shipments arrive late this past year and that may be pandemic related. Maybe they need to install more sorting machines? I live in a tiny town with a post office about the size of a matchbox. Makes it nice that the postmaster knows me and watches out for guitar boxes.

5. White Dog

White Dog Strat-Talker

How bad has USPS gotten?
    Really, really, really freaking horrible!

I have very little problems with UPS and FedEx (though they have their own issues from time to time)...but USPS is just un-real. I think they should just stick with regular mail, and let others handle the packages.
    Seems like when I order something (especially off the east coast), I can literally walk there and grab my item and walk back home in the same amount of time it takes for USPS to get it to me.

Ordered something off eBay once that was coming out of Arizona. It ended up in Hawaii and from Hawaii to Florida...then up the east coast and across to Chicago on its' way to Iowa. Unacceptable!

6. Roger66

Roger66 Senior Stratmaster Double Platinum Supporting Member

It might have trouble with Canadian Customs. I was receiving a pallet of my Mom's stuff from BC and the estate lawyer went through SO MUCH BS with them! It was beyond stupid. At one point, they had to see MY passport to RECEIVE it from Canada.. they are CRAZY! They are a nightmare! I can only imagine the hassle getting anything INTO Canada right now.. But USPS is SO bad, I have to hand deliver my rent checks. They lost 2 of them last year!

7. Hanson

Hanson Senior Stratmaster

I’ve got a lost package ordered through Amazon, that was supposed to be delivered through USPS last week. Tracking shows that it made it to my town, but now can not be located. I suspect it was delivered to the wrong address.

The last time this happened, a neighbor showed up at my door step with the package over 6 weeks late. He said he had been meaning to bring this over to me.

8. Groovey

Groovey Dr. Stratster

USPS had been getting better. It's a crapshoot around the holidays.

9. Heavyriff

Heavyriff Senior Stratmaster

They are pretty bad. DHL impressed me. I ordered a custom holster from Slovakia. When it shipped DHL was at my door in 2 days. ( 2 days from Slovakia) very impressed.

10. davidd47

davidd47 Strat-Talker

Wonder how much stuff just goes out the back door at these places.
    It's Christmas everyday for someone with itchy fingers and supervisor status.

Also every stop it makes they have to open it up and look at it.
    Make sure your not part of some smuggling cartel or working in concert with some imaginary extremist group.

11. RickySchmidlin

RickySchmidlin Strat-Talk Member

I shipped a package priority to my mother in law in Italy from Texas. It sat in Chicago for three weeks. Then went to France and it was barcoded french delivery. They sent it back to me day there was no address like that in France, and of course it addressed to Italy. I am still trying to get my $86.00 back.

12. Chipss36

Chipss36 Strat-O-Master

Told this morning “customs “ has it nothing we can do…
    Customs does not track, the post office does and did on the 21st.

typical government employees pushing things off the desk, like this issue will just vanish….
    Not so happy with the PO right now!

Attached Files:

13. T-Rey

T-Rey Strat-O-Master Silver Member

For me, it still comes down to price. The USPS has been getting a little quicker lately than they were. They used to be 2-3 days tops for priority mail. Not that quick anymore but they seem to be within a week for the stuff I've sent or received as of late. As far as price, there's no comparison. For example, I went to mail a pedal Saturday and the post office was closed. I was not far from UPS so I stopped in to see what it would cost to mail the pedal. $21 and change. No thank you! Just dropped it off at the post office and it was $6.50 and they said it should get to it's destination by Friday.

14. Stratafied

Stratafied Most Honored Senior Member

Pretty bad.

15. Stevn

Stevn Senior Stratmaster

Sometimes the members of the USPS are mentally deficient. It seems, They didn’t know to read the shipping address and got confused. Plus I bet this is a private contrator (looking at the sky all the time even while driving) just getting paid for moving mail sacks back and forth.
    Write an email to them on the website. COMPLAIN, diplomatically. Give the tracking number and hope a supervisor sees it. They follow up with a loud “WTF” to the distribution center.
    Good luck brother!

16. soulman969

soulman969 Senior Stratmaster

I've found that shipping into Canada even via the postal service can be a long drawn out deal even with an international shipper like Ebay involved. Took over 3 weeks for a pickup I sold to make from Denver to Alberta. I could have driven up and back in less time than that and probably enjoyed two weeks vacation in Canada in between.

17. Believer7713

Believer7713 The Pink Bunnyman Frankenstein Silver Member

Well, my latest issue is a strange one.
    My package was out for delivery this morning. Then 2 hour and eleven minutes later it shows up in a city a little over 4 hours from here.:thumbd:
    Screenshot_20210812-213052_USPS Mobile.jpg

18. circles

circles Resident Pinball Enthusiast

Never in my life had something delayed, damaged or lost by USPS, so I can't dump on them.

19. Baelzebub

Baelzebub Dr. Stratster

Maybe they should spend more time working on delivering mail than they do monitoring people's social media......

Just sayin'.....

20. Namelyguitar

Namelyguitar Most Honored Senior Member Silver Member

It's a challenging 'service' these days.

Yesterday, my post office location received the Priority mail box at sunup- then they shipped it back out at noon. It arrived back in town at sunup today, and was delivered.

Thanks, but no thanks.