How do I record and edit etc on YouTube ?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by ocean, Jul 2, 2018.

1. ocean

ocean Most Honored Senior Member

I Have gmail account. Now what ?

2. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Stratster

Youtube is for uploading and sharing videos.....you have to edit and record the video somehow yourself first using a high quality webcam and editing software.....

You'll first need a youtube account....

Is that what you mean?

You can't edit things once you upload them.....has to be done beforehand....

3. ocean

High quality webcam ? , can't record different vids from YouTube and then choose which ones to upload ?

4. Guitarmageddon

What are you looking to do? I'm confused now....are you looking to play along with backing tracks from youtube and then upload an audio recording of it somewhere to show other people?

I was under the impression you were looking to start uploading your own videos to youtube....

5. ocean

Record from phone and choose from vids on phone and upload to YouTube an option. ?

Twelve8 likes this.
  6. Guitarmageddon

Any video you have recorded can be uploaded to youtube...but you can't edit it.....yes a video from your phone with sound can easily be uploaded to youtube.....

ocean likes this.
  7. TheDuck

TheDuck Most Honored Senior Member

You mean download Youtube videos, then edit and re-upload them?
    There are ways, but I will not discuss it.

If you mean record yourself playing and upload it ...
    As mentioned by @Guitarmageddon, you do all your recording and editing on your computer, and upload the finished video to Youtube.

There are a few in depth threads here on ST on the subject, everything you'll need to know is in there.

Basics:
    Computer with a webcam, or a smartphone, a DAW (recording software) and a USB interface (or an amp that has one, like a Fender Mustang)

8. ocean

Sure record playing to backing track then post on YouTube could be an example

9. ocean

Well I have a smartphone , that's about it. Lol
    Now what ?

10. Guitarmageddon

Record a video of yourself playing guitar with the phone, then upload it to youtube on your account - easy peasy! You can't edit it though - meaning if you have like 30 seconds you want taken off the beginning and/or end, it can't be done without editing software that you'd need to have.....

11. ocean

Don't even know I have a YouTube channel, just have gmail account, someone said if I have gmail, I would also have YouTube channel. Idk

12. Twelve8

Twelve8 Strat-O-Master

Yes you can do that. Record the video on your phone using the built in camera. One you’ve done that, you’ll need the YouTube app. Download it from the App Store if you haven’t already. Log in to your account using your google account details.

Click on your profile picture (yellow arrow) and then click “My Channel”.

Then click on the camera icon (red arrow). From the next screen you’ll be able to upload the video. You’ll have all sorts of options for name, description etc.

I’ve attached two pictures with arrows to assist.

You can do some basic editing but if ou are wanting anything fancy you’ll need to put the video on your computer first and use software.

IMG_0151.JPG IMG_0152.JPG

ocean likes this.
  13. Guitarmageddon

Super easy you just sign up to youtube and choose a user/account name - free and takes 2 minutes.

14. ocean

Is there Editing software available for Android phone ?

15. Guitarmageddon

s5tuart likes this.
  16. sam_in_cali

sam_in_cali Scream for me Strat-Talk! Silver Member

What "editing" are you trying to do? Youtube is kind of limited in what you can actually edit (lighting, titles, background music, etc). If you talking about stuff like video trimming (cutting out parts) you'll likely need to use an outside application for that. For example, whenever I record a video from my computer, I use quicktime to do that. QT allows is pretty basic but allows you trim out the parts you don't want. The you simply save it and upload it to youtube.

ocean and Guitarmageddon like this.
  17. Strat-Slinger

Strat-Slinger Senior Stratmaster

You can do some basic editing in your YouTube account... go to the "Creators Studio" in the back-end of your YouTube account after uploading a video from your phone... in there you can do some basics like adding subtitles... cut/splice... very general things... enough to improve things where you have a defined start/stop point with a Title at the beginning of the clip, etc..

ocean likes this.
  18. CalicoSkies

CalicoSkies Most Honored Senior Member Gold Supporting Member

My gut feeling is that video editing might be more suited for a desktop PC than a smartphone.. For instance, it might be easier to select parts of a video on a desktop PC (with a mouse), and it may help to have a bigger screen which desktop PCs typically have. Plus, desktop PCs typically have a lot more storage than a smartphone, which would help. But I suppose there might be video editor for Android. You can always search online or in the Google Play Store.

s5tuart and ocean like this.
  19. ocean

Delete

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  20. Guitarmageddon

Sound is great and working! Video is very dark - should try more lighting, turning on the lights in the house even in daytime etc.....

You're getting the hang! Nice playing! Was that first part the vocal melody of a song? Maybe Adele?