Join Strat-Talk Today

How does this bridge pup sound?

Discussion in 'Pickup Forum' started by rockon1, Nov 30, 2019.

1. fezz parka

fezz parka Strat-Talk Supporter

That's better. Turn it down some more. ;)

rockon1 likes this.
  2. rockon1

rockon1 Strat-Talker

Sir, yes, sir!o_O:D

One with much lower gain a tad of delay added for ambeeance...(clams left intact,lol)

CigBurn and fezz parka like this.
  3. fezz parka

That sounds great. I can hear the guitar. :)

rockon1 likes this.
  4. rockon1

rockon1 Strat-Talker

Thanks! Dang featherweight unknown wood, cheap chinese pick up geetar sounds alright imo...
    Been a while since I toned it down gain wise... I do like my shredders but mellow is cool too.

5. fezz parka

The more gain you play with...the less the guitar matters. Even when I get gain-y...it's still pretty clean. I like to still be able to hear the guitars qualities...and to do that you have to keep things clean. This is my wiggle stick Tele. The body is a MIC SX. The neck is Chinese too. The pickup I rewound and used A3 polepieces. It was ceramic with slugs.

rockon1 likes this.
  6. CigBurn

CigBurn Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

The tone coming from the monitors here is really really nice! Nice playing.

rockon1 and fezz parka like this.
  7. rockon1

rockon1 Strat-Talker

Thank you! validates what I hear- What I think is a pretty decent tone (and not a lot of money either! $120 DIY guitar (though a lot of love went into it into a Jet City amp. The Heritage G12-65 is the most upscale piece in the chain.) As for the playing -thanks, I try!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019 at 12:34 PM
  8. rockon1

rockon1 Strat-Talker

The guitar always matters-just in a different way.:) Now this is GAIN(and a whole lot of other stuff), lol!

9. fezz parka

Not in my experience. The more gain and modulation, the less the guitar or pickup matters in the end result. How it feels...tactile stuff...that matters. What comes out of the speaker in the signal treated by all of what follows it.

That latest track of your proves it. That could be anything. But your lown gain vid above...that's a Strat. ;)

10. rockon1

rockon1 Strat-Talker

My tastes are all over the place musically. I have tracks that are way farther out than that last one and clean blues tracks too. You know, sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you dont. :)

Anyways-

I wanted an opinion on the sound of the bridge PU of this strat and you asked for cleaner. I obliged since it made sense, so sure I agree that the type of pick up may not matter as much with high gain, fx and such. The guitar I use to play that, to me does matter and its not one of my strats its one that feels more comfortable to me for that style. The guitar also mattered in a broader sense that it was means, the tool in hand- literally, lol. That's what I meant when I said the guitar matters -just in a different ways. The song wasn't about guitars per se....when it comes to creating there are many paths. :sneaky:

fezz parka likes this.
  11. fezz parka

Saying the same thing:

:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.