How many guitars is too many???

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Tdurden032, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Otisblove

Otisblove Senior Stratmaster

I’m currently celebrating my quinceguitarra.

Just ordered my sweet sixteenth, a Warmoth HH Jazzmaster body and neck. Should be a few months before I get it.

I bought all but one of the guitars I currently own in the 6 and a half years since I got sober.

Funny thing is I haven’t once had the urge to play guitar and drive.

Lewbypls likes this.
  2. Deafsoundguy

Deafsoundguy Strat-O-Master

Looking at someone’s collection from the outside, I would offer that one has too many guitars when the cases for all those instruments puts a noticeable dent in your living quarter’s square footage.

I’m pretty freaking happy with 4 electrics, for different sounds and tone. I have recently come to the conclusion that one must have at least one Strat and one Tele though.... anything else is ice cream after dinner. I’m trying not to buy any more guitars but the thirst is always there...

3. OttoG

OttoG Strat-O-Master

or a CE24?

Lewbypls likes this.
  4. OttoG

OttoG Strat-O-Master

Felicidades on your quinceguitarreañera!

Lewbypls and Otisblove like this.
  5. Hairy Bear

Hairy Bear Strat-O-Master Strat-Talk Supporter

Mostly Harmless and Don't forget your towel!

6. Lance071

Lance071 Strat-Talk Member

During lockdown I pulled out all the guitars. I know I have around 15 or so(?). I narrowed down the 8 or so I want to sell and put them in another part of the house. Since then I have not sold any though I promised myself to start listing them on Reverb, but I have built a nice partscaster, bought an American Performer Tele, and a 2015 American Standard Strat. All wonderful guitars I'm enjoying playing. I really love strats and Teles and still am amazed how each one can be so different. Also building my parts caster I found I really enjoy digging into the measurments, finding parts, adjusting and doing the soldering. A lot to learn, but like it a lot. One of my guitars to sell is a 2011 1953 Tele Relic. It is the best sounding guitar I've ever had and can't imagine any tele sounding better for the sound I wanted, yet I rarely play it due to the larger neck size and tall frets. So this one is a hard one to let go of but when I'm playing my 1983 MIJ Telecaster more I have to face the music. So anyway, it's a fun problem to have after 35 years of collecting, but I do want to just get things back down to a handful that I am always playing. So where's my Reverb login...
    IMG_0288.JPG
    My partscaster. Daphne Blue Vintera Strat Body, Jimmie Vaughan Neck, Texas Special Pickups (not quite in love with the pup choice). Two Buddy Guy Strats behind it, one with a replaced neck.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    Lewbypls likes this.
  7. Lewbypls

Lewbypls Strat-Talker

I heard that the newer CE24 aren't good considering that the prices on them are high and apparently the quality went down as well =[

8. OttoG

OttoG Strat-O-Master

Couldnt test the older ones, I own a 2019 which is actually pretty cool, I went to NYC on a trip looking for a Silversky, but this one caught my eye and my ear.

Lewbypls likes this.