How many of you click the ads at the bottom?

sunburst_xxii

Strat-Talker
May 11, 2022
R86050
Ghostery.jpg

CalicoSkies

Most Honored Senior Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 10, 2013
Beaverton, OR, USA
I usually don't see ads on here.
Also I tend to use this site on a desktop PC.. Looks like you're using it on a mobile phone?

StratoMutt

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2019
SE Pennsylvania
Don't lie.

1656712382695.png

An observation assuming this is an actual ad running here on ST:

If one of us posted an image like this it would be deemed against the rules, yet is is OK for advertisers to post garbage clickbait? I'm all for not posting similar images here.

Thanks to my utilizing ad countermeasures I never saw this image.

We operate this forum on a few basic principles--
1. This website is "PG" rated and will contain materials consistent with that rating.
2. Everyone deserves respect -- treat others with respect regardless of how difficult that may be
3. As a community we all appreciate and deserve civil behavior. Fighting and disruption will not be permitted.
4. Posts about illegal activities, sex, drugs, politics, religion or hate are never permitted here.
Please never assume that if something "wrong" is on the forum that we have seen it and have approved it by leaving it in place. There are thousands of posts and we can't read them all. Every post has a red "report" button available. Please use this to notify Moderators of spammers, arguments, improper or illegal activity on Strat-Talk.com. REPORT ONLY RULE VIOLATIONS PLEASE - not things you don't like or threads in the wrong forum.
Now, here are the specifics of those principles spelled out in more detail:
PG - RATED COMMUNITY:
We operate Strat-Talk as a PG Rated community. We do this for several reasons: it satisfies the largest number of people, it makes the forum more professional overall, and it appeals to advertisers (without which the forum would cease to exist).
NO GIRLY OR CHEESECAKE PHOTOS:
Because this is a largely male dominated forum, "guys being guys" leads to posts containing scantily-clad women from time to time. This has proven to lead to members pushing the acceptable limits of this with ever more risque photos in kind of a competition to see how far things can go. So, to prevent this we don't allow ANY such "Girly" or "Cheesecake" photos of scantily-clad women -- with guitars or not. HNGD or not.