How many USA Professional Strat owners out there?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Tylerlayne, Aug 20, 2021.

1. elduderinoTF

elduderinoTF Sweatin' Bullets

Tylerlayne likes this.
  2. CattleDog73

CattleDog73 Strat-Talker

sorry buddy - not many readers on here lol.

I remember seeing one of these in sunburst at GC. Kind of a mix of a Standard and a Special. I’d imagine GC ordered at least a couple hundred anyway depending on how long they actually sold them for.

SIngles Forever and Tylerlayne like this.
  3. Lonn

Lonn Mod Admin Staff Member

Admin Post
    I had an American Professional II Strat (Miami Blue) for a couple of days and traded it for an American Professional II Tele Deluxe (Mercury). Had it been another color I probably would have kept it.

Tylerlayne likes this.
  4. AJS000

AJS000 Strat-Talk Member

I own a 2008 American Standard.
    Going by what Fender sent me on the details of the guitar by serial number it's got lots of things on it that are on the American Professional ones now.

Interesting I thought.

Colnago1 and Tylerlayne like this.
  5. Tylerlayne

Tylerlayne Strat-Talker

I know Fender only made them from March 2015 to March 2016. Not really sure how many were made. I have seen several for sale online where the ad says they are rare. Don't know if they are using the rare as a sales technique or if there are not many of them out there.

6. Nishplayer

Nishplayer Strat-Talk Member

I own an American Professional lightweight ash:

3.jpg 1.jpg 4.jpg 2.jpg

henderman likes this.
  7. dvqc1

dvqc1 Strat-Talker

What I find odd is that yours is red. I have owned a few but wasn't terribly impressed with them so I sold them. They were made for more than 1 year though.

What Is the American Professional Series?

And how is it different than the American Standard Series?

By null

Fender launched the American Standard Series of guitars and basses in 1987, and the collection has been Fender's flagship line for serious artists and players for nearly 30 years, but beginning December 7—and officially launching in January 2017—Fender will be replacing the venerable line with the new American Professional Series.

We understand that you may have questions. Thankfully, we have answers:

WHAT IS THE AMERICAN PROFESSIONAL SERIES?
    Combining Fender's longstanding history of quality, handmade craftsmanship and industry innovation, the American Professional Series features 92 different guitars and basses and offers a number of unique enhancements.

American Professional Series instruments are available in a variety of ash and alder body styles, including newly designed Stratocasters, Telecasters, Jazzmasters, Jaguar, Precision Basses and Jazz Basses.

Each guitar features rosewood and maple fretboards, and the series introduces three new colorways: Sonic Gray, Mystic Seafoam and Antique Olive. Other colors included in the series are Olympic White, Black, 3-Color Sunburst, Sienna Sunburst and the return of classic Butterscotch Blonde available only on Telecaster models.

WHAT'S HAPPENING TO THE AMERICAN STANDARD SERIES?
    For now, American Standard instruments are still available in select stores and online, but availability is limited as our dealers ramp up for the official launch of the American Professional line coming in January 2017

8. Deathray

Deathray Senior Stratmaster

That blue HH has me drooling:thumb::thumb:

Anacharsis likes this.
  9. StevieMar

StevieMar Strat-Talker Silver Member

Lots of confusion here. I think the OP is asking about the USA Professional that was an FSR for Guitar Center. I had one in sunburst, and it was like an earlier post said, sort of a cross between a standard and a special. I liked it, it was a nice guitar, HSS configuration, smaller headstock, 6 pt bridge, but I never seemed to play it, and eventually I moved it on. But this works for Fender, as there are only so many ways you can build and name a Strat.

10. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985

I live in the USA, I have a profession, and I'm a Strat owner... does that count?

11. AJS000

AJS000 Strat-Talk Member

12. SIngles Forever

SIngles Forever Strat-O-Master

That's not a professional. Its a 'guitar center pro' which was made especially for them. It's an American Standard body with American Special hardware. Still a great combination though.

13. LOSTVENTURE

LOSTVENTURE Senior Stratmaster

I have the same guitar. The finishish is just incredible, and it's plays and sounds just like a Strat should.