how to: backing tracks?

Discussion in 'Tab & Music Forum' started by EXTRABLUE, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Handsome McClane

Handsome McClane Strat-O-Master Silver Member

These guys will let you download three a day for free.

https://www.guitarbackingtrack.com

I used to make my own, but I decided a few months ago I didn't want to reinvent the wheel if it was already out there. Most of the ones I've downloaded are high quality too. Sound just like the original albums.

Jesse414 and Lovnmesomestrat like this.
  2. skinnyass

skinnyass Strat-Talk Member

macroshark,
    I know what you mean about trying to follow BBK. I once did a blues songshow with a friend who had a rhythm that the Good Lord hisself couldn't follow. I have one gittar buddy who sometimes has trouble with ME, calling my rhythm "herky-jerky." I once drove past our local HS during rehearsal and saw a GIANT metronome, which has GOTTA be the only way to keep all that God-awful racket together.
    So how does a large marching band settle on tuning? Must use a 440Hz air horn!

3. Jasco

Jasco Strat-Talker

I Real Pro - great app for backing tracks. Download 1000's. Make your own or modify others easily. Change key, tempo, mix, and rhythmic feel/style of any track easily. It's about $14, and you should probably get the blues styles expansion for another $4

4. Dreamdancer

Dreamdancer Senior Stratmaster

Step 1 fire up youtube type backing tracks and choose.

Step 2 fire up your daw and the amp sims installed inside...

Step 3 Open an second youtube tab and get some movie going while the sound is muted for visual..stimulation.

Step 4 Play

Jesse414 likes this.
  5. Uncle Fiesta

Uncle Fiesta Senior Stratmaster

Try moises.ai - it's a website that allows you to upload a sound file then play with it to your heart's content; remove vocals, change the level of bass or drums etc, then when you're happy with it, download the result. You can stick with the free version, or pay for the upgrade which allows you to process as many as you like. Otherwise I think the limit is 10 a month or something like that.

6. EXTRABLUE

EXTRABLUE Strat-Talker

what a bunch of great answers, several ways to do it

Jesse414 and Cerb like this.
  7. nifnof70

nifnof70 Strat-Talker

Jesse414 likes this.
  8. Richard McKay

Richard McKay Strat-Talk Member

What is the "why" of your question? If you just want to enjoy playing some stuff, find a YouTube site and bliss out. But, if you are really going to play guitar live, you should invest the time into learning how to make backing tracks in the DAW of your choice. You need to learn to record yourself and you need to learn the other parts in the band. In order to be a good guitar player you need to know all the other parts. Not that you need to be able to execute them perfectly, but you need to be able to hear them in context with your own playing. Average players are average because they don't listen to their band mates.

My playing got a lot better once I started doing this.

Jesse414 likes this.