1. Enter to Win one of two Strats we are giving away! An American Pro II Strat HSS and a Squier Classic Vibe Strat. To see the prizes and rules: https://www.strat-talk.com/pages/2020_Fundraiser_giveaway/ To enter: https://www.strat-talk.com/account/upgrades To enter, simply upgrade to silver (1 entry), gold (2 entries), platinum (5 entries), or double platinum supporting membership (10 entries). November 5th is the last day to enter!

How's It Hanging? (Your Trem Arm, Of Course.)

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Tom Cat Strat, Jul 6, 2018.

1. rich724

rich724 Strat-Talker

Made my Strat a hardtail. Trem arm is in a drawer somewhere.

2. mapleglo

mapleglo Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

On and ready for action.

blackstrat.jpg

I really like the Super-Vee Bladerunner tremolo. Smoothest tremolo I've ever had the pleasure to use. When I don't want or need tremolo, I use my hardtail.

3. knh555

knh555 Most Honored Senior Member

For years, I never used it. Now I like it for a slow, on-beat vibrato when the tune calls for it. sliding in and out of using it needs to be smooth though - smoother than I often hear. They're pretty much always on all my strats now when sitting on the stand. I also like to use the spring so I can set it at whatever angle I want and it'll hold that position. That way, I can pull it up with my pinky as needed while finger-picking.

PF Twanger likes this.
  4. monwobobbo

monwobobbo Strat-O-Master

if my strats are in use the bar is on. i take it off to put back in case. don't know why the Op assumes that most don't use the trem. i use mine pretty regularly as it is part of my playing style.

5. jojo68

jojo68 Strat-Talker

Not a strat without a trem

6. Brian H

Brian H Senior Stratmaster

always on ...tightened so it doesnt swing around ...stays where I leave it.