How's Strat-Talk.com? Like it? You tell me.

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Strat-Talk, May 16, 2006.

Strat-Talk. How many thumbs?

1. two big thumbs up

78.6%
  2. two thumbs up

15.5%
  3. one up / one down

6.0%
  4. two thumbs down

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. two thumbs way down

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. claudel

claudel Strat-Talk Member

Two big thumbs up from me.

Great responsiveness from the operator to various minor technical issues and
    and extra half-thumb up (in the air :rolleyes: ) for the intent to hold a light rein on the participants.

Hopefully the word will spread and the user community will grow.

2. JWells

JWells Strat-Talk Member

Can the background for a quote be made white so it stands out from the gray a little better?

3. Strat-Talk

Strat-Talk Administrator Staff Member

Admin Post
    How's that?

4. Joel Terry

Joel Terry Strat-Talk Member

Beautiful, Paul--that's perfect! Thank you very much!

It seems to be just one particular thread, namely the Strat Pics thread in the Stratocaster Discussion Forum; however, as of this post, I've not had any additional "post reply" e-mail notices. Everything seems in order. ;)

Joel

5. JWells

JWells Strat-Talk Member

Excellent...................[​IMG]

6. OSdave

OSdave Strat-Talk Member

Two big thumbs up! Great site.

It will be even better when more people show up!

(I hope this 'quick reply' thing works - never seen it before...)

7. OSdave

OSdave Strat-Talk Member

Cool! I like this 'Quick Reply' box!

8. PVTele

PVTele Strat-Talk Member

Fascinating forum - long overdue! I prefer the format to TDPRI etc. too: easy on the eyes, everything's where you expect to find it. Two very big old callused thumbs up!

9. Stratosaurus

Stratosaurus Strat-Talker

I must say I'm really glad to find this. I love TDPRI and the great people that make up the member list. Unfortunately, I don't own a Tele and with the way things are going I may not own one for a few more years.

I haven't been a member here long but so far I really like it. Two big thumbs up.

10. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Strat-Talk Member

the site is great, but i have to slide to the right to read most of the posts. i have no idea what my pixel ratio is or any of that hi-tech stuff. main thing i'm concerned about is when can i expect the free beer to show up at my house? Yes, i was promised free beer...

11. Strat-Talk

Admin Post
    Scrolling? You have to scroll to read the posts? You must be set up on VGA sized screens. 640 pixels wide.

I'd like to be sure what setting you have just so I know what's going on. Would you agree to work with me if I tell you how to check and see what screen resolution you are set at? It would help me a lot.

If you do... I'll drink a beer to you afterward?

Paul Green

12. ryanrhea

ryanrhea New Member!

I think this place is awesome! I am glad to see someone setup a forum like this for Strats.

I'll be coming here often!

Thanks!!

Ryan

13. bobthecanadian

bobthecanadian Strat-O-Master

Hi Strat-Talk,

I am enjoying the site here. The colors give it a nice cool and relaxing feeling.

1. I would like to see a couple of things though. In the user CP section, habing a my posts and my threads options would be great.

2. More action! This just means more members willing to post and participate. I am happy to do my part, though. Whatever I can do to encourage this here Strat community I am would like to help.

Bob

14. Strat-Talk

Admin Post
    Hey Bob,
    Thanks for the comments. I added that My posts/threads thing over at the Tele page but it's not a normal mod in that when I upgrade the page I have to manually re-add that feature. I'm trying to keep from adding those kinds of mods to my other pages.

Yes, more action is what's needed. If just 4 or 5 folks would post on daily basis this page would take off. It's catch-22. Folks won't post if people aren't posting.

15. thaus

thaus Most Honored Senior Member

I like it......you already helped with my MIJ question so how can I complain! I didn't realize that this site was so new ( I guess I could have guessed with the fewer number of posts!). I am also at the tele-forum but I had to register under a different name here because I didn't receive a confirmation email when I registered using Thaus........can I still change this just so there is no confusion over the fact that I am really one entity!

Keep up the good work!

Michael Schmidt

16. Strat-Talk

Admin Post
    Yes, but I have to do it manually. You used a Hotmail email address for your Thaus registration and that is why you didn't know you received a confirmation email. Hotmail routinely marks all forum emails as Spam. You only had to look in your spam folder and you would have seen it.

I can merge this username into your Thaus registration. But you probably should use the email address from this username instead of that hotmail email address.

Tell me what you want me to do.

17. tazzboy

tazzboy Strat-Talker

I gave it two big thumbs up. It's going to take some time for this catch on, but hopefully it will when people see how friendly environment this place and how flexible you are on this.

18. kb2nto

kb2nto Strat-Talk Member

Gave 2 up also. This is a GREAT place to chat about our favorite guitar. Few rules but need more people...

19. S. Rock

S. Rock Senior Stratmaster

well, Paul, you've come a long way since you started this thread on May 15th, 2006. I think that you're rolling pretty good now. the site is on it's way. +1

20. CrimsonHighway1

CrimsonHighway1 Strat-Talker

I openned this thread and said to myself "2 weeks?!?"
    I'm new here so I wasn't aware of how long it had been around.

I like it a lot. I find it VERY informative! I've learned as much about the strat since finding this place than I did the whole time I played in a band (30 yrs ago - but then, the band didn't last too long).