How's your weather

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Roger66, Jul 11, 2021.

1. StratoMutt

StratoMutt Most Honored Senior Member

LOLOnHead.gif

Roger66 likes this.
  2. sssstratsss

sssstratsss Strat-O-Master

I just spent a few minutes upstairs in the warehouse getting rid of some cores. My undershirt weighed 3 lbs soaked with sweat.

Its a little warm

Roger66 likes this.
  3. Roger66

Roger66 Senior Stratmaster Double Platinum Supporting Member

Metal building?? Drink lots of water!

sssstratsss likes this.
  4. sssstratsss

sssstratsss Strat-O-Master

Ah yes! I've probably had a gallon so far today lol

I love coffee, but I can't drink it in the summer going from ac to 90 degrees multiple times a day.

5. Roger66

Roger66 Senior Stratmaster Double Platinum Supporting Member

Yeah. I guess not, but you can take a pot of coffee, sugar, 50/50 with whole milk put in a blender with ice and maybe Kaluha or Baileys and make some great frippachinos.

sssstratsss likes this.
  6. Howdot

Howdot Strat-Talk Member

Rainy, but that means the river is up and flowing and every once in a while (heaven forbid) I put my guitar down and go kayaking like this morning.

7. jtoomuch

jtoomuch Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Hot, muggy. Rain, then kind of nice at night.

8. tery

tery Dr. Stratster

9. Gonflyn

Gonflyn Strat-Talker

In Minnesota? Hot and humid with a chance of snow.

10. metrokosmiko

metrokosmiko Strat-Talker

Summer ain't too hot but it's hot and humid, winter ain't too cold but it's cold and humid, so I would say in Lima, Perú you get the worst of both worlds. Weather: mediocre.

11. rossmon

rossmon Strat-Talk Member

Ahh, Finally a thread about Strats! After reading some of the dog poop posts, I became hungry for a meaningful talk about Strats and so here I am in the Weather section! I am very fortunate to live in that paradise known as Marin County CA after escaping New York City in the 60's and coming out west with my band. Came back permanently in 74 with my GF and nothing but my 65 VW Bug, dog and whatever fit from floor to roof.
    I eventually bought a first house and for a second place, found a home I bought back in 1988 that Jerry Garcia, Mtn. Girl and Rock Scully shared for about 10 years or more. This was a party house with cars parked all over the tiny private street disrupting the lives of the three neighbors that lived less exciting working lives.
    They were so happy to see a real young family move in that they provided us with a fund of tales on what it was like living next-door to the Grateful Dead!
    And now for the Weather! We are up in the hills with a nice view of San Francisco Bay and enjoy the fog, sea breezes that is part and parcel of a marine environment.
    If we get a heat wave, we suffer along with everyone else but up here, we cool down faster than most. As soon as I see the mist building over the East Bay, I smile because our planets natural A/C has come back on. Most days a cold wind is roaring thru our bedroom windows! It was Jerry who in a fit of practicality ordered insulation for the attic which has 4-5 feet of cellulose like snow deeply covering the attic and making it a nightmare to do any alternations or upgrades. Then he had workman drill big plugs in all the redwood siding to pump in insulation! 33 years later the plugs are falling out or they have caused numerous vertical cracks in the expensive and hard to find siding! However, the house stays pretty cool!
    I wish he had sprung for dual paned windows too, but we are slowly doing that.

Todays forecast is Cloudy and foggy with afternoon sun breaking through, highs in the low 70º's! Excellent weather to go running, mountain biking or play the guitar!

12. Groovey

Groovey Dr. Stratster

Mountain weather is the best!

13. circles

circles Resident Pinball Enthusiast

Acceptable.